• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy XIII anticipation thread. NO SPOILERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIII' started by Ventus, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I have just pre-ordered the game! It looks really good and I can't wait to get my hands on it!
    ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS!

I am looking forward to the battle system and the graphics of the game.

2. Overdose

Overdose Ninja.V

I agree, although I have already spoiled it for myself. Nevertheless I still think its an amazing game. MMMmmm Lightning (Y)
    looking forward to the battle system

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Any clue what the superboss is for the game?

And as fun as this one looks, I'd rather play whichever XIII version has Noctus.

4. alchemistz

alchemistz New Member

Serah is soo kawaii. Paradigma shift looks cool

It's Noctis!! ò_ò

5. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

It's Versus. The PS3 exclusive one.
    I still have little idea of how the battle system works (though I do need to research that still). Looks rather interesting and this will probably tempt me to finally buying a PS3 for myself (too bad they only sell those yucky slim ones now).

6. Luxoran

Luxoran New Member

Oh, you mean the ones with significantly more memory space than the clunker PS3s like I own? The one with less memory, a bigger price tag, and enough weight to kill several small children and a medium-sized one with growth problems and a voice that cracks more than a broken violin?

Dammit, I hate better versions of things I spent my life savings on. [/raped]

EDIT: Forgot to be on-topic. My anticipation for this title is vast, though I still find myself confused on this "Versus" business. What's the difference between that and the regular game? And what's so special about it that it's only exclusive to one system?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  7. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

My understanding is that the two games are based on the same universe, but have two completely different and unrelated storylines. I think Versus is supposed to be an action RPG, kind of like Kingdom Hearts, whereas the regular XIII is more of the typical FF rpg.

And to be on topic, I have little interest in either of these games. I don't have a ps3 yet, and no idea when I'll get around to getting one. And I haven't really heard much about the story, but the little bit I did hear didn't make me that excited. But hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when I do get to play the game. At least it can't be as bad as X-2, can it?

8. Desert Warrior

I don't know. Their original description of Lightning basically being a female Cloud kinda lowered my interest in the game.

9. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, I remember hearing that and groaning. But at the same time, I was a little relieved because a female Cloud would be less painful than an X-2 Yuna or Rikku clone.

I'm also sort of leery of the leveling system. I did not care for X's sphere grid very much, and XIII's is supposed to resemble it.

10. All I have to say is that Oden is a boss so yeah. Epic summons.

11. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Well, I liked XII's License system, so if I survived that, I think I'll be fine with a reformat of the spheres. I'm totally going to have to get XIII when it comes out.

12. Desert Warrior

I prefered the Sphere Grid over the Licence Board. Sphere grid gives stat growths. Allows for stronger characters quicker (But then again, they basically become clones once their stats are near max).

13. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Then I'm guessing you never ran out of Ability Spheres. I was playing on X and I had reached the part right before Yuna reunites with your party with Shiva. I'm out training all my characters, and I'm getting all these move points; BUT NO ABILITY SPHERES. So I'm stuck with Lulu only having one Tier 2 offensive spell and everbody else sucking ass.

14. L.O.L. I laugh at chu.

15. Desert Warrior

It has happened to me a few times. I would just stop and hunt around for enemies that drop those. If you can, go back to Macalania Woods and look for Chimeras. They drop Ability Spheres.

And once you have the Monster Arena available, if you fight the Area Creation monster Fafnir and use a Sphere Distiller item, it will drop around 40 of whichever distiller you used.

16. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

I. . . . didn't buy Distillers. I didn't know what the hell they were. TT_TT. By the time the lesson was learned, I had given up and sold X. But yeah. That, and the forced direction they gave you in X really bugged me. You couldn't go anywhere but forward until you got the ship.

Anyways, I like whatever summon that looked like a car and spun and ran over all the peeps in the trailer for XIII.

17. Oh yeah from the afro man?

18. Beloved

Beloved Azure's Beloved

Something that needs to be said for those who may be confused by this. The Nova Crystallis consists of three games;

Final Fantasy XIII- Ps3, Xbox 360
    This is a classic turn based Final Fantasy game, with a few kicks. You act in three commands at a time. You select up to three consecutive commands. The stronger the command, the more AP used. ---continuing

Final Fantasy Versus XIII- Ps3 exclusive
    There's little info for this game as of now. But the gameplay is supposed to be similar to a realistic Kingdom Hearts, seeing as how a lot of the KH team is developing it. The story itself is also under wraps, but is said to be the darkest, most afflicting storing in FF history. And considering the FFX ending, that says quite a lot.

Final Fantasy XIII Agito- PSP
    There is even less info to be found for this than Versus XIII, at least that I can find. If anyone knows anyting more about this, please let me know, I'm very interested.

19. Agito is already out right?

20. Desert Warrior

If I recall, which I may not so what I am about to say may or may not be true, but I think that this game is supposed to have a card system of battling. Similar to CoM.

EDIT: Ignore what I just said. I was actually thinking of a character who uses cards as a weapon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010