• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy XIII Help Thread (No Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIII' started by Ventus, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I'm stuck at the end of Chapter 11. Help me! The doom spell always gets me. I even have the walkthrough and its not helping!

2. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Stick the thread. And I would help you but Sadly I'm on chapter 8. :(

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Had so much trouble with this boss too.

As I recall, I ended up using Lighning, Hope, and Fang. I began the battle with Com/Syn/Sab, or maybe Lightning was a Med instead of a Com. Hope got in a bunch of buffs and Fang got in a bunch of debuffs. Then I went Rav/Rav/Com, staggered the boss, and then went Com/Rav/Com. If I desperately needed healing, I would go either Med/Med/Sen or Com/Med/Sen. I also maxed out 2 of the 3 primary roles for each character. And I had Lightning's original weapon, Blazefire Saber, upgraded into the Flamberge. When the boss was staggered, Lightning and Fang would get at least 10000 per hit.

And if Hope and Fang fell in battle, I'd summon Odin.

4. Ventus

OK that sounds good. I've had the same party and the same weapons, lol. I almost have the same startegy but I'm using Fang as a Sentinel.

5. Desert Warrior

It was at this point in the game that I kept Lightning, Hope, and Fang as my main party.

6. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

Ok I just got to Chapter 11. Im walking through the giant area doing mission 1. Im trying to find out do I have to search for the monster on my own or do I have to follow the golden arrow.

7. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Open the big map and head for the red star.For later missions where the monster is in a different area,the star appears a little off the map on the path that you need to go on.The 1st mission monster is pretty close to the Cieth stone.

Brawl,you still need help?I already beat the game and am just doing the missions right now.Though if its the Super Pope I would suggest probably getting two of your main cyrstalium jobs leveled to as full as they can get (which you did).Even better if you can get the three main roles leveled up.The roles you use are the same ones i use as well,except for the med/med/sen,but everyone has their own style.To be honest though it wasnt till chapter 12 that I started using Fang as part of the main team,it was usually Light/Vanille/Hope,then when everyone could start getting stronger again I started to find that Light/Fang/Hope worked better at the time.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  8. VentusSearcher

Once again barthandelues has struck. Im stuck on the boss battle in chapter 11. HELP ME!

9. Ventus

I've finally beaten him today. Get someone to be the Sentinel. More information is above. It has already been answered.

CHAPTER 12 IS AMAZING GUYS!!!

10. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Fang is probably your best bet if you need the sentinal.Otherwise,it will all be worth it just for that first scene in chapter 12.Brawl knows the awesomness of it.

11. Ventus

Yeah, the sequence is so amazing it made me cheer a little! I don't do it that much with video games. I haven't done that since Kingdom Hearts 2 was out.

12. VentusSearcher

Ok thanks, also SoraBrawl once I beat the boss does it take long to beat 12? I have tonight till like 5 in the morning, yes five and then tommorow to beat the game. I leave for a while and cant bring my PS3.

13. Desert Warrior

It doesn't take too long to beat Chapter 12, although some of the fights are pretty difficult. I had to avoid fighting some Behemoths because they'd kill me quick. Chapter 13 is time consuming though. I kept on getting to areas, thinking I'd be done, only to go to another area. I have some tips though.

Spoiler (Somewhat): In the area where you can warp to Pulse, do not advance for a while unless you really want to finish the game. There are Cie'th there, Sacrifices. They can drop Perfumes, which sell for 12,000 gil a piece. They also drop Scarliettes, which sell for 7,000 gil. You do not want to advance because if you go too far, they will not regenerate. Look up some gil farming faq for more info.

Near the end of the area/Chapter, you will reach an area where you go up a winding pathway. You will fight previous enemies (By previous, I mean the last two bosses you've fought). There is also a save spot here. By killing these enemies, you will get 32,000 CP (The boss battle enemies, not the Sanctum Soldiers). And then save, load, and repeat. Good for CP farming if that is what you need.

End spoiler.

14. VentusSearcher

Need help AGAIN! Ok so I haven't played for 3 days and now im stuck on ProudClad number 1. How do I beat him. I feel like im leveled up pretty well, but now I don't know what to do. He kills me when he does his attack after the first stagger. (I forgot it's name.)

15. Ventus

Use the Sentinel ability with Fang and have while he's in the 1st stage.

Syn + Sen + Med. USE HASTE

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  16. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Also,never use a sabatour.That boss can never be dubuffed.Buffs for yourself are good though.

17. VentusSearcher

I beat him the minute after I posted the post.

18. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

I found a easy way to take down the Proudclad II, I got five stars on it. It took me 3 tries though.
    First equip your party with General Belt.
    I used Light, Fang, Hope.
    My paradigms was:

COM/COM/RAV - AGGRESSION
    RAV/SEM/RAV - MYSTIC TOWER
    RAV/COM/RAV - RELENTLESS ASSAULT
    MED/SEN/MED - COMBAT CLINIC
    MED/SEN/SYN - PROTECTION

I started with Protection.. That way I can heal and Hope can buff the team. once everybody got haste and some other buffs I moved to Aggression and got the chain Chain Gauge a little from half way then I shifted too Mystic Tower to stagger him and then once staggered I moved to Aggression and started to pound on him. If your party gets low HP just shift to Combat Clinic, you will be healed pretty fast.

19. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

can someone help me with the Orphan fight?i cannot figure out how to beat him.i beat Barthandelus(dont remember how to spell his name) and i keep getting killed by Orphan.this is the party is use if anyone can help me

Lighting: Commando/Ravenger
    Hope:Medic/Ravenger
    Fang:Commando/Ravenger/(cant remember the name but it was the role where she taunts the enemy)

20. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Dahaka......... Pain in the ASS! I take off about 1,500,000 hp and then he kills me with his plague/aeroga combo. It gets real annoying really quick.