• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy XIII UNDERRATED?! What went wrong?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIII' started by EtherealSummoner, Sep 24, 2010.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I never own the game but from reading other people's comments, I only heard about how super bad the game is and that all the person mostly do is battle. What are your opinions on this game? What went wrong with it's designing and development?

2. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

I personally loved it! By far one of the best game I have ever played! I didn't think you were stuck in the battle system all the time. It was put into the game very evenly. It also had a great story!

3. EtherealSummoner

Does the game have any towns for you to go into or npc's for the person to talk to? I heard that the game never do that.

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Yes and no. The game is divided into 13 chapters and is completely linear until chapter 11. Once you complete chapter 11, it is again linear until chapter 13. Sometimes you can talk to NPCs, but it really isn't used for anything.

5. Raven

Raven New Member

Yeah adding onto what Desert said, the complete linearity of the game is was pissed off a lot of long time final fantasy fans as even FFXII was smart enough to include sidequests and what not to make the game interesting. FFXIII does not even offer minigames which is really saddening as a new gen final fantasy game. The plot isn't bad at all, but the fact that it hardly ever deviates from the plot is what makes people hate it.

And yeah, you will be doing a lot of battling, a lot, a lot, a lot of battling - it's to be expected since the plot has you set up as convicts whom the government wants to kill.

What I found the most disappoint about the game was the lack of involvement of the surroundings. I admired what SE did with the scenery and how well they were designed, but for the most part that didn't mean jack-squat since I most likely would never see those places unless I restarted into a new game. I couldn't find about the world that I was placed in and I didn't even fully get what was going until chapter 11 when we finally left that place we were in for the past 10 chapters.

The graphics were fantastic though..

6. EtherealSummoner

In other words, the game is a complete waste of $58.00? Wow. I don't always want to be stuck to the laws of the storyline. I want to take a break here and there. i am glad that I didn't buy a xbox 360 just so that I can buy it. I would rather buy Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time