• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Games you SHOULD play

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by FON, Jan 18, 2013.

1. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

Here I am gonna be telling you some games you should play, and you can also post some suggestions as well. Bear in mind here that some of these games are either understated, heard of but rarely played, or those games who are completely overshadowed by other games.

This isn't in any particular order just so you know, so let us begin!

Grim Fandago:

Back during the ages of PCs and when gaming systems such as Playstation and Nintendo64 were storming their way to the gaming world, Grim Fandago was released in the 90's. It was made by Lucas Arts and this game was one of the most underrated games of its time. In fact, Lucas Arts dropped the project because they thought the game didn't do so well, so no more games were made.

However if you play it, you would disagree to Lucas Arts' decision. It's a 3D point and click adventure, however this game starts to feel more and more like an animated movie, and gets you really immersed into the game. It takes place in the land of he dead, as you play as a Reaper named Manny, whose trying to pay for his sin by working at a company that is similar to a travel agency that helps the dead get past their four year journey through the land of the dead.

The game, yes, is long like many point and click adventures, but it makes you not care m h for it because of how you get immersed into the game, not to mention, the humor is great and the characters are all well developed and fit well in the game.

Rayman Origins:

A lot of people know of this game. It's well known, but the reason is on this list is because of the fact people were being little bitches (not really) and complaining on how it wasn't in 3D, and many other reasons that weren't really valid (Not everyone). The artwork and design of the game is beautiful, and the game controls are super tight. It's a multiplayer side scroller, like Super Mario Bros and Kirby Returns to Dream Land, but only better and much more fun for these reasons,

-It successfully combines Mario and Sonic game mechanics
    -You can use awesome combos on enemies and on your teammates.
    -Not a lot of annoying gimmicks, its like super meat boy and its all about how GOOD you are at the game.

Now the story... Not really any, its a long story to explain the story but do you need to know the story to a Mario Side Scrolling Game? No.

So go pick up a copy and have fun.

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I've been thinking about playing Rayman Origins but it doesn't look as fun. Plus, it seems completely different from the Rayman that I grew up with.

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I played the demo at Walmart. XD I actually like it and there are more characters to choose from... and why should it be that if there are good graphics, then the game is good?

4. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

The full game is a lot more awesome :D

And basically, people love good graphics, and while graphics do help improve the atmosphere of a game, it does not truly define a game. Take Grim Fandago like I just mention, not the most amazing in graphics, but the story is awesome.

Rayman is beautifully design, I think people were turned off by the fact that it looked like an indie game, considering that indie games are mainly 2-D/cartoon animation

5. Biosaber

Biosaber New Member

Here is part 1 of my list because I have others

BioShock: Infinite
    The kingdom hearts series (no shit)
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Half-Life 2
    The Mass Effect trilogy
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Metal Gear Solid
    Devil May Cry
    God of War series