• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

How long does it take you to make a post?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kitty, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I'm just kind of curious.

For myself, a simple reply to a thread asking one easy question (something like "How many games do you own?") doesn't take me much time at all. If I am making a thread, though, or replying to a debate topic, or something else of a more serious nature, sometimes it can take me a very long time. I read and reread my posts to make sure I'm saying things the way I want to, and to make sure there aren't any glaring spelling or grammar mistakes. And then sometimes I end up reading them over so much that I just toss it back out and start over. I guess I'm a little obsessive sometimes, lol. This used to be much more of a problem when the forum was active, because people would cut in while I was typing and I'd end up having to edit my posts once I finally signed off on them in order to address the points the speedsters brought up.

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I'm exactly the same way, when it comes to posting, especially when my posts are long. I practically re-read them for the umpteenth time making sure that I convey my message exactly how I perceive it in my mind's eye. Sometimes a single post takes me well over an hour to post, because I correct errors and change out words for something smoother or more 'sophisticated'. But now-a-days, I try to keep it simple and concise, just to save time, but I do enjoy my posts, and won't reply unless it's completely proper. You know, something to be proud of.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Entirely depends on the subject at hand and how large my post is.

I remember times like those. Finish addressing five or so points and then hit send and see more replies than there were when you started. It got irritating sometimes.

4. me4lingual

me4lingual Active Member

Quite a while actually. First I have to see if there's anything to say that hasn't already been said. And if I feel my opinion would help, then I take a long time typing it out. And then I sometimes get sidetracked, whether to do something around the house, or someone messages me, or whatever. Then I see how much time has passed, and usually say forget about it, and close the tab.

This post here I actually started yesterday, and it is only just now that I am getting back to it.

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I don't even want to give an exact time, because it's so ridiculous, but it can take me way more than an hour to write up a really intricate post. Especially since a lot of the time I'll get distracted and end up walking away from it and going back to it later.

Definitely. Though in retrospect, I'd prefer more activity to less.

6. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

It honestly depends on the topic and if it fires me up. Then i have to think of a post that is well thought of not just something that happens to come off of the top of my head. I have random bursts of " posting" then it drop off. It probably comes from me doing tons of other things all day. Then it also depends where i am. if i'm working usually i post or make threads while im working.

7. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Same here as a lot of you in the fact that it depends on the topic and what I'm doing. If it's a debate that I care about, I spend a little extra time on it trying to get my points clear and make sure I'm not making too horrible spelling errors. I try not to take too much time though, people post in debates fast. I hate writing an entire post just to go back and edit it because I took too long and the topic has already shifted. If it's something for anything in the Fun and Games section it takes me a second or two.
    What takes me the longest time is probably RP. In most roleplays I am playing as more than one character and am replying to two or more scenarios. Other obstacles that include writers block, post count rules, and my ocd about story flow and clarity can keep me working on a single post for hours. xD

8. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

Depends on the topic I guess but most of the time it's just a sentence unless I am explaining something :)

9. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

If you have a notification that shows who posted, that will help members be able to know who posted before you. Will stop the irritation a bit.