• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

How to fix a broken World

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by Answer Man, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

how to do it ideas, thoughts, what needs to be fixed. anything that goes with it.

2. Soul Knight

Soul Knight Guest

I think we need a clear list of what is wrong and what is right and make sure we eliminate all grey areas so we can clearly seperate good innocent people from evil people. I believe the Bible is the best thing to base this list on sicne all of our American laws are based on the Bible already. Then we need to have a republic style of government and form it to where there is no way for corruption to exist in it.

Once we have that then we create my ideal world.

3. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

why base the world on a book which still hasn't proven to be real and has some seriously sketchy areas in it?

don't fix what isn't broken.

4. Soul Knight

Soul Knight Guest

Because the founders based our laws on the Bible and if the founding fathers of America approved then so do I. Whether you believe the bible or not is irrelevant, the laws and rules presented in it have helped America become the greatest nation on Earth, therefore it is the best basis to create all laws from.

5. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Enough of that.

2nd. Commandment, Exodus 20:4 “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water below.” Old Testament punishment- Deuteronomy 27: 1 5 “Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image.”

I could go on. The bible is NOT the perfect source of all goodness in law.

6. Soul Knight

Soul Knight Guest

You bring things up from the old testiment I am refering to the new testiment however.

Besides what is you would base laws on? Let me guess that pathetic drug induced, cowardly, weak hippy philosophy?

7. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

I don't know, how about "Hippy" Enlightenment thinking? Because, you know, Enlightenment thinkers were the first in modern times to embrace "Hippy" ideology. Or past empires, or past tribes, or past revolutionaries. . .

8. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

You know what I think I think we just need to set all our differences a side. We need to work together to make the world a safe and an equal environment. Who cares if we believe in many different things. We are human beings and we need to stop it with all of these stupid wars over race and religion. Can't we just leave it alone? Who cares if we believe in different gods or whatever. This is what we need to do to fix this broken world.

9. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

There are examples in the New Testament too. So how is it any better than the Old? ^_^

---
    My thoughts exactly.

This is impossible. There will always be some corruption.

10. Soul Knight

Soul Knight Guest

Hippies were cowards who were too chicken to fight for their country, while my father bravely went and fought for America and my uncle died for this country. And then what did the hippies do when my father an the other soldiers returned, the hippies called them "Baby Killers". How dare they say that to my father and the other war heros, when it was the hippies who wanted abortion legalized. I will never forgive that generation of hippies for what they did to my father's generation.

If you don't like my version of an ideal world then let's try my second suggestion. Division among people. I say we divide liberals and conservatives into different regions. All the liberals can live in Europe and Conservatives can live in America. That way we each side can have their own version of life and we never have to speak to eachother again.

11. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

Simple...Anarchy. Restart what has done, (in college you go through a rebellious phase! Damn you Political Science Classes)

The Bible is not the answer to anything. It is just a book, that people read for leisure to find guidance, just like Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul.

Like what Pulse said, don't fix what isn't broken.

12. Figure.09

Figure.09 New Member

Something I really think we need to change is our detachment from natural existence. We're so obsessed with the human-made system of monetary control, and it makes people greedy, selfish, ignorant and hungry for more. I really feel like changing that would allow everyone to see differently.

A lot of the things that we can do to change is changing ourselves from within--our perspectives. Change comes from within and I really believe that.

We can't fix a broken world by killing terrorists and electing honest and sincere politicians; we have none. I mean, we do have some, but they'll never get past the power structure to its core and really do anything to help. Those "greedy" individuals are still human beings just like all the "good" people. It's a change of social structure and social behavior that might make things different (and possibly better).

I'm not sure exactly what can be done actively to change things but this is a start, at least for me. lol

13. demon of darkness

demon of darkness New Member

We must have a clearly defined set of rules, we must eliminate grey areas between right and wrong so we can tell the good guys from the bad guys. This must be part of fixing the world.

14. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

Lets get rid of rape.
    To do that, we teach all females Judo. Make it apart of their corriculum. And while that is going on, to not make guys feel left out, put guys in an extra gym class. Since all of us guys are so competitive at such a young age, they wouldn't mind an extra girlless recess.

15. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The world will never be repaired. "OH MY GOSH! A CHRISTIAN IS ACTUALLY SAYING THIS!!" Well, to me, I find this impossible. Why? There will still be some ignorant people in this world who will try to get their way. We will never will have good in the world. Besides, humans cannot stop earthquakes, tornadoes or the likes. Rebellion will also keep us from making the world better. There will still be people who will try to be savages and all of that. All we can do is just live, live and live. We can make a difference in the world yes but to make the whole world do good would take everyone single human being. There will still be dislikes. Don't think of me wrong but let's be serious.

What did people did when they heard about what Tiger Woods did to his wife? What did people do to Martin Luther King? Think about all of these people. there will still be people who will think negative. All that we can do is to do the best good in us.

16. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

You forget that we consider what happened to King to be a huge tragedy, and most of america at that time viewed it as a tragedy.

God works in mysterious ways. Angels and Demons are fighting to prepare the world for their respective kingdoms. We feel what they do, and so we act accordingly. Someday the battle will end, and that end will usher us into a new age.

How ever, until that time comes I agree with summoner. How can we humans enter into a age of posterity when the spiritual realm is literally a war? As humans we can feel the spiritual fall out of each battle, and it changes the way we move in this world. I believe that once the war is over we can all agree to enter a age of light, or a age of darkness. Let us all pray that we choose the former. The latter is so terrible I don't even want to think about it.

Mythril Roxas likes this.
  17. EtherealSummoner

Some people don't view King's death as a tragedy. We want to think that everyone thinks of it as a tragedy but to some, there are white people who are still prejudice and goes "YES!!!!". There's a whole lot of things that I can back myself up with. Look at how we debate about religions and how some of you are atheists because of what your churches had done and blah blah blah. Look how we debate over things and then start hating each other for some things. We tend to hold grudges too. I even had a grudge at Raiden for two weeks for what he said and accused me and believe me, most of us tends to be bold to try and stand up to people who tends to make us feel bad. There will never be a way to fix a "Broken" world. Actually, the world is not broken. The world is working on it's own terms. it has a mind of it's own. Every single human has flaws.

18. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

Answer Man says "World" meaning "society". How can we fix society. He is not asking if the world will be all good or not, but how do we fix society one step at a time.
    So i think your branching off into more of a religious debate here, lets stay focussed on more of the society perspective than the "universal morality" that affects our world thing. I agree with what both of you are saying, but i do not believe it pertains to Answer Man's original question, or as to the meaning of the thread.

19. EtherealSummoner

Answer Man needs to be more specific then if he's talking about a society because he said how to fix a broken world. Also, I am not stating this with religious reasons. I'm merely stating this with facts.

20. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

Mythril Roxas is right on that, it's society i'm talking about, politicizes, laws, poor, rich. Not really earthquakes and stuff, and summoner, you where kinda going into a god thing. Anyways, stating facts is the same as stating this with religion. But i think really how to fix a broken world, we need to step away from are comforts zones and look at everything and everybody, see how it is to live in the hood. It;s not fun. Rich ppl need to help the poor, and the poor need to help themselves. and it wouldn't take every single person int the world to fix it, just "high powered people" and "the little guy". or one big thing will do it, everybody just needs to open there eyes.