• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

I need some input here.

Discussion in 'General' started by W.J. Solomon, Jan 25, 2011.

Which Kingdom Key should I make first?

1. Original all the way!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Kingdom Key D looks cooler...

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. W.J. Solomon

W.J. Solomon Solomon's Reprieve

Ok so I'm making some keyblade replicas and I want some input. I plan on making three keyblades for sure but the last one is a little shaky. I plan on Pumpkin head, Oathkeeper, and Oblivion. But the last one is either Kingdom key or Kingdom key D. Which one do you guys suggest?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

They're both the same but different colours. I prefer the Original but everyone has one of those. Go for the D Key, be a bad ass and make something that not everyone has =]
    also, how are you going to make it? Materials and what not.

3. W.J. Solomon

Wood, spraypaint, old fashioned screw around until I got it right lol. And thanks for your input cause I figured today why have two different kingdom keys so I plan on making the Pumpkin Head, Oblivion, Oathkeeper, and one of the kingdom keys

4. Kloudian

Kloudian New Member

I say go with the Kingdom D Key. Original's nice, but as Goldfish said, it's going to stand out next to all the other ones. You're making both anyways.

5. W.J. Solomon

Actually I'm not, not immedeatly anyways. Maybe after In get really good at this but right now one or the other.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  6. Kloudian

Kloudian New Member

You could always think of one as a practice sort, since you said you'd be using trial-and-error. Which one would you mind not looking exactly as the original model?

7. W.J. Solomon

Well that's what I'm using Pumpkin Head for since it's for my cousin who loves Nightmare Before Christmas. This is simple and I don't have to shape much on the blade.

8. Kloudian

Kloudian New Member

Seeing that both are exactly the same, minus the different blade and hand-guard colors, I suppose it boils down to a which-do-you-want-first...
    Do you plan on cosplaying with either Keyblade?

9. W.J. Solomon

No, prolly just for show and for movies with my friends. I'm in michigan and there's no nearby cosplay conventions or me and my friends prolly woulda went by now lol.

10. Kloudian

Kloudian New Member

Ah... That's a shame... The only convention I typically go to is because it's really close by and a ticket is only $10. Really cheap compared to some other places... I do hope to make it to the NY ComicCon one day though. Ticket prices reach up to $50 there though...

Then which movies will you be filming with your friends? Will you be using the original Keyblade more than the Keyblade D?

11. W.J. Solomon

Probably whichever I'm feeling that day, since I'm going to make these and Zack Fair's buster sword and the movies are just whatever story we make first. And where do you go to for a convention?

12. Kloudian

Kloudian New Member

Usually, it's Castle Point, but I only started going last year. I plan on attending this year again though.
    I'd really like to see your replica of the Buster Sword.
    And whichever movie you do end up doing first, I'd say work on that version of the Keyblade. Use whichever one you think that you'll need the most and more immediately.

13. W.J. Solomon

Catle Point where man?

14. Kloudian

Kloudian New Member

Oh, it's in Jersey. -Nods-

15. W.J. Solomon

Hmm... bit far but if me and my friends tried, we could prolly come.

16. Kloudian

Kloudian New Member

Where are you at, Curtis?

17. W.J. Solomon

Algonac Michigan man. Basically right on the river.