• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Important Notice to Roleplayers.

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by ü, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ü

ü 30•05•2010

The admins and other supermod's have been talking about combating spam. We feel that a particularly infected area is the roleplay sections. This weekend, until around Sunday evening the roleplay section will be closed off for the public user while the staff sort it out. During this process Rp's infected with spam will be closed, profiles will be gone through, and their will be a new section for OOC(out of character) and SU(signup) thread. If one of your Rp's are to be the one closed or deleted you will be notified by PM. If you are a player in the RP you will also be notified.

Also, Raiden will be posting new RP rules soon.

Thank you for your time.
    Staff of KHplanet

2. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

When the RPs will become normal again?

3. dualblade

dualblade Break!

that explains it.I was wondering what happened just a minute ago.Well,hopefully im not one of the problems. Thanks for making the spam harder to do outside the spam lounge.

4. ü

ü 30•05•2010

As it says in the main post, around Sunday evening.

5. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

Thanks for the information.

6. demon of darkness

demon of darkness New Member

Wait just a minute. Don't you think deleting RP's is just a little too much. I never really saw replies that are less than 3 lines to be spam. The only thing I think is spam is off-topic post. I just think this is taking it a little too far.

7. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

No I do have to agree with the three sentence rule and we have been warning about this kind of thing for a while. I'm sure we won't be too harsh but something did have to be done.

8. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

This is not to harsh. we have been combating spam for far to long so were doing away with it now. were not deleting everything, just things deemed as spam.

9. demon of darkness

All right but I still don't agree with it.

But who am I to try and stop the higher mods. :(

10. NeRo

And for what reasons do you not agree with cleaning up spam?

11. demon of darkness

Well it's just I have a different view of spam than you do.

12. NeRo

Spam is any topic un-realated to the topic inside of the thread. correct? please if i am wrong correct me.

13. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

You are correct to some extent but you also should add anything that doesn't contribute to the thread. For an RP for instance: Arguing, OOC inside the RP, Posts that are under at least three to four sentences, etc...

14. NeRo

Thank you key. i was only giving a briefly defining what my thought of spam was. we have to act on this now. i will be placing new rules in order about the RP section soon.

15. Am I dreaming? I'm glad that someone finally just said 'You know what, screw spam.' and proposed this idea. I'm expecting to see post count sitting low for a while, and has the thought of a VBmod done anything too? When they all come back, the RP's can still be spammed. VBmod keeps a post below a certain number of characters not counting towards post count. I'm smelling 4 sentences, the minimum of what people should post on the RP boards :D

16. Fireflame

Fireflame New Member

Well this'll put a halt on my RPing or a while, but at least no more spam, though i'm gonna be mad if something goes wrong and the non spam RPs are unrestorable.

17. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

Since time and day in the world is different, when it's gonna finish? This evening or tommorow? And i hope no one will spamming after it's done :D

18. Destiny

Destiny Guest

It'll be done tomorow, for you either super late Sunday or early Monday.

19. dualblade

dualblade Break!

something i just want cleared up for me: when you have more then one character,its at least 3 sentances (the lowest ive seen for a minimum sentance count that is wanted) for EACH character,not together,correct?

20. Destiny

Destiny Guest

In each post a minium of 3 sentence or a paragraph.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.