• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Is the gameplay any good?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories' started by Griever, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griever

Griever New Member

looking at it, the battle system seems awful. I've never enjoyed card based puzzel type games. Tactics was rubbish, and so was metal gear solid ac!d for the psp. The story aint too bad though, but it seems thats all thats decent in the game. I read the script before playing KH2, so wondered whether the game is worth getting? Theres a remake isn't there?

2. Duelist Dx

Duelist Dx New Member

Which works the same. Basicly it's not much with cards liek you think it is. You just have to fight, and the cards are a add on, Imagine you hit, and the opponent hit, in Kh1/2 you just both stun. In COM the highest card breaks the other. You can also team up cards to unleash combo's.
    I liked it =D

3. Raiace

Raiace New Member

I don't know, I disliked it. No I hated it, I thought they were going to scrap it in the CoM Remake for PS2. But I have to admit, it's unique.

4. Riku

Riku New Member

Well...

Well is not so bad, at the first it looks bad, but if you continue playing you like it.:)

God Bless Ya'!!!!:)

5. Splitoverload

Splitoverload New Member

The gameplay gets annoying, but after a while, you'll get used to it. Though the gfx puts it back up, you'd enjoy it.

6. Riku

Riku New Member

Yeah...

Like he and I said, the game when you first watch it is like ":eek:", but then the game gets more interesting, actually the battle system is good, not so bad.:eek:

God Bless You!!!!

7. Keyblade Master

Keyblade Master New Member

Personally I loved the game, but I really didn't care much for the battle system. Its true that it isn't as bad as it sounds and I picked it up fast, but the cards were still a little annoying for me.

I guess if I wasn't comparing it to the battle system in KH 1 I would like it more, but I couldn't get that out of my head while I was playing.

8. Riku

Riku New Member

Yeah...

The cards are actually like makes us say: "Okay, I can only attack 35 times", I mean, you need cards for attack?!?, thats like a little drag.

God Bless You All!!!!

9. Duelist Dx

Duelist Dx New Member

You can reload your deck.. Or use a ether etc.

10. lagatcy

lagatcy New Member

I tried to play it, only because of Marluxia, but I couldn't keep at it. It sucks.

11. Unknown 22

Unknown 22 New Member

It was alright as long as your a GBA fan. I personally liked a lot from the game. The best was the story line, but I hate GBA and that's what makes me hate the game.

12. Riku

Riku New Member

Nevertheless

The game was good by storyline, yet, sometimes it gets drag.:(

13. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

The gameplay kinda was slow for me because I always get mad when I run out of cards. But the storyline was good...it set the tone for KH II.

14. Acolyte

Acolyte New Member

I found the whole thing get really annoying, really fast. Even Re:CoM failed to fix the boring problems with the cards. Why couldn't it just be a hack and slash? It would take less memory than adding all those cards in; memory which they could have used for new ctuscenes, secret bosses, etc. It barely felt like an RPG, and I was always longing for:

1. A secret boss, or a sidequest. Come on! Gameplay is nothing without fun side bits.

2. A challenge. The whole game is easy unless you never update your deck, which is just a silly thing to do.

Overall, bad gameplay, but great storyline.

15. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

I like it alot. The first few times were easy, but now it's such a chore to finish the original part. Marluxia is owning me, and I am at Level 99. That ain't right. I remember being level 30-something when I got half-way through FFVI. (It didn't do me alot of good, but it happened).

16. XxXNeko_RikuXxX

XxXNeko_RikuXxX New Member

^^ I liked the story line because it set the story for Kingdom Hearts 2 but when you were fighting enemies, that was abit hard because I would run out of cards especially on the bosses but all in all it is a pretty good game ^^

17. cohnet

cohnet New Member

Yeah, Chain of Memories wasn't too bad, If you don't have it, and you want it, Wait for Re:com :p

18. R-BLADE

R-BLADE New Member

Nah, I'd definately have to say it's only worth playing for the plot, which helps bridge just about all the gaps in between this game and KH2. I found myself wanting to break my DS in half during battles because my deck sucked ass xD

19. Mon-sieur Bome

Mon-sieur Bome New Member

It was boring but I passed anyway...
    And I liked the grafics and the sound ^^

20. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

its not a puzzle and you soon forget that its card based, but yea its awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.