• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

KH-3.net TO KHPlanet.com

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by TradeDemon, Jul 21, 2008.

1. TradeDemon

TradeDemon King Kong

Hi guys,

Ok I mentioned right from the start that I had some big plans, and now that we're a little more along the way I can now release officially what these plans are. So sit back and read the whole post for details, theres a few core changes that you should all know about.

Domain Change

Being honest with you I have never liked the name kh-3.net, mainly because of the 3. Its very now, and won't make sense a few years down the line when we move onto KH 4, 5 etc. For this reason our parent site will now be known as KHPlanet.com.

This change will be phased in over the coming months with the main site moving first followed by the forums (somewhere down the line).

Slightly New Design

As well as the domain change the site will also look a little different, I have tried to maintain the look and feel as well as the overall color scheme as much as possible (because I actually like it) so check out the test site here, hope you like it.

Kingdom Hearts 3

Writers & Contributors

With the new site in place im going to need people who are interested in contributing content to the main site. This could be anything but the work does need to be unique. Examples of contributions that would be useful.

- Fan Art
    - General Kingdom Hearts Articles
    - News & Rumours
    - Walkthroughs
    - Cheats & Codes
    - Anything else that the general public might find useful.

Whether you want to offer insights, small articles, research or compelete well written articles its up to you... I already have demon of darkness helping out but if you want to help out, then be sure to contact me.

EtherealSummoner likes this.
  2. Demi Shock

Demi Shock New Member

Sounds Amazing! Let me know if I can help in any way.

3. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

I like the look so far. So is this just a name change or will it be a totally new forum?

4. TradeDemon

TradeDemon King Kong

Everything will remain the same, i.e. its a domain change, the forum will eventually move to the new name and all its content, of course the look will change to match the main site.

The move will not happen all at once, it will be phased and done slowly so as not to effect our search engine rankings :)

5. demon of darkness

demon of darkness New Member

so will all the people who are staff members now, will they still be staff members after the change?

6. TradeDemon

TradeDemon King Kong

Yes everything will be the same. I always get these questions but just to clarify nothing is changing except for the name. The forums the organisation, the staff are all the same. This includes post counts and everything else :)

Hope that clears up things.

7. demon of darkness

thanks, i was worried for a second. :D

8. Demi Shock

Demi Shock New Member

Legit.

If you need some ideas as how to structure the coding boards, I would definitely be willing to help.

Also, I can produce walkthroughs and coding tutorials as well as coding packs to help all the members interested in that field.

I could also write some articles and research.

9. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

The whole thing looks great boss!

10. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Everything looks nice TD. I can't wait to see how the site goes into our future.:)

11. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I like it, I want to contribute to the Kingdom Hearts Game info. Like worlds. characters and images, that kind of stuff.
    I love the website design.

12. demon of darkness

the website is very cool. i recomened sorabrawl for a position on the staff.

13. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

It looks great, I'm excited. Let me know if I can help in any way :)

14. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Looks like we got a coder good pick up TD. but thats beside the point. i am excited for the new site implement. As time rolls on im sure we wil be as big if not bigger than the rest.

15. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

I also can write and research new Square-Enix games.

16. DjC

DjC New Member

Yeah I wish I would've known this before. Well I can make some PS2 and PSP hacking tutorials but I'm fresh out of new code ideas :/ I could work on KH1 now that KH2 has got all the juice sucked out of it.

17. Ventus

You can work on European codes.
    Back in England, I was very limited.

18. TradeDemon

TradeDemon King Kong

Glad to see everyone is carrying the same enthusiasm that I have. I honestly really want to make this the best KH site out there. I think we're off to a great start and with time can really make it big...

Thanks for sticking with me guys and I'll update this thread in a few days once the site is fully setup on khplanet.com domain.

Lastly getting onto the writing team for the main site will be a lot easier for everyone if they can start sending me some content now. It will really help me... and will make my life easier for who I select for the final positions. So get those submissions in, remember can be anything you want about KH.

19. Ventus

I'd like to give information on the games Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 and the future Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. I'd love to do some news updates too

20. I have some problems loading the preview, but im confident thats because my internet is being a right little **** right now.

I know something i would like to change on the page though. The adverts at the side, the google ones? I dont like those sorts of adverts. I find they are a very big eyesore, and put me off joining a site before. Of course alot of people will see them as just another advert. But this is just a personal whim :)