• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

KHPlanet Xenforo Upgrade

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by Angel, Jun 5, 2015.

Which do you prefer VBulletin or Xenforo

1. VBulletin

20.0%
  2. Xenforo

60.0%
  3. Undecided

20.0%
  1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

With this Xenforo forum upgrade, I have done everything that I promised; I would do. KHPlanet Forums has officially changed forum software from Vbulletin 3.8 to Xenforo 1.4. Vbulletin 3.8 was deprecated, outdated, and insecure. All the more reason to upgrade. The current layout is Xenforo's default layout. A custom one for KHPlanet will be made, but it won't be for some time.

Check back later for a list of Xenforo features!

Abyssal Knight and Kitty like this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

You're awesome; I think everyone still left from the good old days had given up on ever having an updated forum. Hopefully this will inspire some posting. *hint*

I'll be looking forward to that, but for now this default one works well and looks fine.

Angel likes this.
  3. Angel

Hah! I'm awesome. :p

Don't forget to vote in the poll! You can also change your vote, so as time goes on maybe you'll like Xenforo less or more! I'm undecided right now!

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^ I'm undecided too. I need to give this forum more time. Right now, despite how outdated the old VBulletin was, it's more familiar, so I have fondness for it. But once I get used to all the features with the Xenforo, I think I'll probably like it better.

NeRo likes this.
  5. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I think once we start getting the forums more aesthetically customized the Xenforo will be better. From my experience over at KHI in more receby days, VB still doesn't offer some of the features that I've come to enjoy with Xenforo.

6. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

And modest too.

It's probably nostalgia. But at least Xenforo has a like button ^_^

Become likes this.
  7. Angel

@Desert Warrior . Haha. I didn't say I was a Saint!

The site is practically unrecognizable. If the people of yore could see the site now.

8. Desert Warrior

I always wondered how you tag people. Do you just type @ and then their username?

Also I need to fix my signature cuz the image didn't seem to stick with the site with the upgrade. I can't find a button to edit it though.

9. Angel

@Desert Warrior Yup. @ + username.

At the top right of the page, you'll see your name "Desert Warrior", hover over that. A pop-up menu should appear, then click "Signature".

10. Desert Warrior

The "Signature" option does not appear for me.

11. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Same here.

12. me4lingual

me4lingual Active Member

It works just fine for me.

13. Angel

14. Desert Warrior

Angel likes this.
  15. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

There it is thank you!

16. Abyssal Knight

Abyssal Knight I step back into the light of...

Nice new look, cant wait for the custom skins :D just to let you guys know, Ive been spying on you a lot lately. :p

17. Mike

Mike Member

I like it, but its giving me some problems on my smartphone browser. Don't know if there's much to be done about that, but just mentioning that.

18. Angel

Like what?

19. me4lingual

me4lingual Active Member

I've noticed that the user avatars in posts seem to be cutting into the post/signature portions. And it's actually cutting into it, but pushing everything and making it all seem off-balance. Por ejemplo:

[​IMG]

Or possibly, it could be just me.

Will there, at some time in the future, be the option to upload items from file, instead of solely through a URL? It just takes a step out of the process, and allows me to not have to use an image sharing site in order to post images of wonky avatar/post/signature ratios.

20. Angel

@me4lingual Ah. I never noticed that till now. Selective vision, I guess.

So I'll get right on that, and I'll look into a way to upload images from file for you. ^_^

EDIT: Fixed the signature thing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015