• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Morality and the Death Note

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by TheKnightofAwesome, Sep 8, 2011.

1. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I would like to hear people's opinions on two questions related to Death Note.

If you don't know what Death Note is here's a brief description: The Death Note is the Notebook of the Shinigami (death gods) when you write someone's name into the notebook they die. in the Manga/Anime "Death Note" Light Yagami uses the notebook to kill criminals and purge the world of evil.

My first question is this: If you came into possession of a Death Note (noing nothing about them) how would you use it and how would you react. (would you not beleive it at first, would you still test it's power, how would you react when the person you wrote down really dies?) also how would you test it's power.

My second question is: If you were Light Yagami, thus choosing to kill criminals would you go about their murders another way other that simple heart attacks? how would you have acted differently than Light?

please give honest answers.

2. Luke

Luke Member

1, Test it. Use it for personal gain. Lead a good life. Maybe kill a few deserving people along the way. Test power by killing someone who does no good.

2, I definitely would have made them all suicide.

3. TheKnightofAwesome

^interesting.

I myself would:

1: Doubt the Death Note at first, I would never believe that such a power could exist. But even I would test it. Probably wouldn't be smart enough to kill a criminal as a test. would try to kill someone who I think the world would be better off without, criminal or not. but when they died I would have massive guilt and probably turn myself in.

2: now if I was Light, I would change it up a little using anything from Heart attacks to prison riots to kill people. I also would enjoy a few over complicated deaths just for the sake of fighting off boredom.

4. draco009

draco009 Dungeon Master

This is an intresting topic...

My first question is this: If you came into possession of a Death Note (noing nothing about them) how would you use it and how would you react. (would you not beleive it at first, would you still test it's power, how would you react when the person you wrote down really dies?) also how would you test it's power.

I would doubt it as well.(If i knew nothing about them.) I would try to test the power of it against someone who deserved it. The way i would probably react when it kills someone is at first i would be scared of its power, and if they could track the death to me. Then after i realized they died in whatever way i say/write, i would figure out a way so that the police could never track it back to me.

My second question is: If you were Light Yagami, thus choosing to kill criminals would you go about their murders another way other that simple heart attacks? how would you have acted differently than Light?

If i were Light Yagami....I would kill them in a way so that they could blame other people besides what really happened. I would have made the death more...complex. I would still kill the criminals, though, or...at least the one that deserved it.

5. TheKnightofAwesome

hmmm ok.

well then that said I have a new question: Still assuming your Light Yagami, would you still aspire to be God, or have the world know that someone is killing the criminals? If not, then to what end are you killing the criminals? (It seems to me that the only way to "change the world"With Light thought process at least, would be to have people realize that doing bad things will get them killed. If they don't know of a "Kira" then they wont put two and two together. what is your plan?)

6. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Ok it's my turn.

1. I would possibly believe it. I wouldn't fool around with it or test it out. I wouldn't need to test it out because I would see the shinigami that previously owned the book, eventually.

2. Raito Yagami didn't only kill criminals by heart attacks. He also killed them by applying conditions. If I was Raito, I would've been more clever and more of a "Kira". People who used the death note have to go to Purgatory. I would probably be cold hearted.

7. TheKnightofAwesome

^ Correction at the end Ryuk tells Light (in both the manga and the anime) that Heven Hell and Purgatory don't exist at all. every human faces the same fate when they die: Nothingness. however in the alternet ending chapter (found on the internet:it's legit) It's said that any human who uses the Death note must go to the Shinigami realm where they are forced to die 10 times for every person they killed with the notebook. (just putting this out there)

I still enjoy your answers Legacy, interesting way to view using the Death Note.

8. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

So true, "MU"

I would like to believe that in death note but their was a shinigami similar to Light in the Anime.

Anyway, In your questions, are we allowed to use the Death Erasers?!

9. TheKnightofAwesome

mmmm. I don't consider the Death Erasers cannon. since they were part of a "chapter" never assossiated with the real plot aside from the Shinigami Ryuk. However, I have reason to believe that the kid from that chapter was an early character outline for Mikami (DELETE DELETE DELETE!!!! lol) those are the only connections I see, so no i don't count the Eraser.