• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

My Eight KHDDD Alterations

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Derek, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

1) No time travel

2) Nobodies dont “recomplete” upon defeat

3) Young Xehanort is a revived Xemnas, having used the damaged kingdom hearts moon in KH2 to restore himself to a whole being. (restoring to him his keyblade and full set of memories)

4) The “real” organization are replicas Xemnas had made after Ansem failed, a back up as it were. (nobody knows Xehanort is back until DDD)

5) Xehanort could only make 12 replica vessels before Sora and crew stormed The World That Never Was in KH2 , needing a final vessel, they target Sora.

6) DDD is set up as a matery test, a crash course in “proper” training, and so the heroes can gain the power of waking hearts. Yen Sid knows Ven is asleep even if he doesn’t know where so this kills three birds with one stone.

–A side note to #6; with Xehanort seemingly gone, Yen Sid’s plan is to resume the search for Aqua and Terra.

7) Sora’s journey throughout DDD is encounters with Roxas, Xion, Axel, Namine, and even Ventus. Sora relieves them of their pain letting them move onto the next life (reincarnation) but in doing so he takes on their darkness.

–Yes that means this resolves all of these characters. Ventus is the only one remaining in Sora’s heart by the end.

8) Riku’s story remains the same.

2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Honestly having a Nobody become whole again isn't a bad idea, since it does give them a chance to show us more of these characters who had very little in terms of characterization. Especially the CoM characters since a decent chunk of people didn't play CoM before KH2. And honestly, the Organization members who appeared in that game didn't get enough screentime to appear as anything other than obviously evil people (Aside from Axel who honestly, between CoM, KH2, and the added scenes with him in KH2FM, had a zigzagging personality. I swear current Axel is a far different person than CoM Axel).

I'm one of those people who are pretty sure Xemnas can use his keyblade any time but simply refuses to. Anyways, this is a better idea since there's no real reason for Xehanort to be restored to old man form once Xemnas and Ansem SoD are defeated. Such a restoration implies Terra is back to normal as well.

Personally I wouldn't mind simply having new characters to fill in for the 13 spots, with perhaps the occasional returning member. Except keep the returning member as an actual person since, according to Nomura, Xehanort turned all the returning members into Nobodies again.

Isn't that the actual plot of the game though? Unless you mean that DDD is set up where Yen Sid doesn't age back Sora and Riku to a point before they got their KH2 powers.

The problem with this is that Roxas, Namine and possibly Axel, weren't in pain after the events of KH2. Roxas and Namine were quite content being able to be together by being in Sora and Kairi.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I disagree because they already had the replica subplot to use. If these characters were simply going to come back just so they could turn into Xehanort anyway then there's no reason to bring them back for exploring.

In the sense of fully restoring them that is. It just feels like an excuse to revive people or say "oh oh look! Sora wasn't just murdering bad guys!". If they had revived as humans and were themselves with their own goals I'd be more inclined to agree but as it stands now they're just back to be Xehanort plot devices.

My personal theory is that Nomura used it as an excuse to separate Terra from Xehanort for whatever his KH3 plans are. Which isn't that bad an idea for writing but I always felt more invested in the apprentice/human Xehanort than the old one. From comments I've seen of many over the years since DDD I get the feeling most thought that too.

I mean, just compare, a young Xehanort in Terra's body feels way more intimidating than the old man in BBS desperate not to die.

He turned them back into nobodies? Why even revive them at all then!? If they die again they'll just come back again- ohhhhh....I dislike completing even more now....

The point of DDD is more about preparing for Xehanort while doing the rest. My angle is they dont know Xehanort is back and this is merely a means to shift focus back onthe friends lost in BBS. Then Xehanort makes his surprise return. (it's a way to restructure the lack of recompleted people)

That's a thing of contention among fans I think because the whole point of Coded was showing that Xion, Namine, and Roxas were indeed still in pain. (along with others) Data Roxas is a boss fight and all he rants about is pain and the despair he's feeling.

A sidenote: I think Roxas would've been a better antagonistic hero than what we got. That may be another thread type of topic...

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Well now that I've completed KH3 I feel it's harder to reply to this thread since I know how the game goes.

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Sadly, I can relate.

Desert Warrior likes this.