• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Official Cie'th Stone Mission Help

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIII' started by Desert Warrior, May 16, 2010.

1. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Have a problem on a specific mission? Post your concerns here. Give the mission number, title, and what it is you're fighting.

As a side note, A rank missions are extremely difficult. So don't be suprised if you're having trouble on one of those missions (Mission 55 comes to mind).

2. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

im suprised this is stickied and umposted in.anyway,here's my trouble.i've been trying to beat the mission where i have to beat the giant Cactar.none of my main party members have health over 10,000.i use Lightning, Hope,and Fang.any ideas?

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

First off, you're gonna want to have everybody have more than 10000 HP. The Gigantuar does 10000 damage each attack, and can inflict pain and fog. This is one of the harder missions in the game (Or so I heard. I have yet to properly try it). The further developed in the Crystarium you are, the better.

A good strategy would be to equip everybody with Sprint Shoes, accessories that boost your strength, and weapons that have the 'Random Instant Chain' ability. The way this ability works is that there is a chance for the enemy's stagger gauge to immediately go up. In addition to that, the more hits you've done on an enemy, the higher a chance it will take effect (After hitting an enemy 100 or so times, you've got about a 50% chance of the ability working). This is nice with Lightning's Army of One ability and Sazh's Cold Blood ability. You'll want to have painkillers in your inventory (Which I assume removes pain and fog. Haven't played the game in a while). Basically you'll want to quickly stagger him with the Random Instant Chain ability and then switch to a paradigm with three commandos.