• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Party?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XII' started by EbeneezerAl, Feb 1, 2008.

1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Who was your typical party? Who did you use, how did you use them. What weapons, gambits or abilities did they make use of?

I used Vaan, Balthier, and Ashe. None of them were really better than the others,and you could make them all whatever you liked. So I just picked characters I liked.

At the beginning, Vaan used mostly spears, or sword and shield, depending on what the better available weapon was. Ashe used sword and shield throughout. And Balthier used poles. By the end though, everyone was using greatswords, cause they rock. I also doubled Balthier on Crossbows and Ashe on Bows for flying enemies.

Balthier was my item guy. It was his job to make sure status effects got cured. I could use Esuna, but that wasted MP, and items are faster. He was gambited to use items to cure every status effect I had room for in order of how crippling they were, or dangerous to me, like Confusion.

Ashe was my white mage. She was in charge of curing everyone and was gambited to cast the best cure spell at my disposal any time someone's health got low. She also revived dead party members.

Vaan was my party leader, and him I didn't gambit. I used him primarily for attacking, but in need he was also in charge of black magic, curing when Ashe died or ran out of MP, and keeping everyone hasted during boss fights.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I always used Ashe and Vaan, with either Balthier or Basch depending on my mood.

I usually used Vaan as my party leader until I'd successfully stolen whatever I wanted from the boss/monster, then switched him to gambits and used Ashe as my leader. All of my characters are generally tanks, so I just have them all attack and then cast cure when a character's hp drops below 30% or so. All of them were gambited to cure annoying status effects like confuse and to throw phoenix downs as needed. Ashe, Vaan, and Basch all used swords and Balthier used a crossbow or pole. If I was facing a flying enemy and didn't want to use magic, I'd switch in Penelo or Fran, who both used bows.

So generally, all I had to do was sit back and watch my team kick ass. Awesome.

3. Kairi008

Kairi008 New Member

I mostly used Vaan Ashe and Fran. I never used Basch. I used Balthier and Penelo alot too but not as much as Vaan Ashe and Fran though

4. Tifa_03

Tifa_03 New Member

Vaan Fran and Balthier

5. Kitty

^Care to explain why? You'll need to add a little more to your posts from now on. ^_^

6. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

My Team was Vaan, Fran, and Basche

Vaan was my team leader, never gambited. I would steal/attack with him, and also made him proficient in all the magic types (magic was a last resort though). He was tankish, but i dont like relying on my other party members.

Fran was my healer and such, and she used bows so she could devote all MP to healilng, and then fight with bows from a distance.

Basche was my killing machine, he ran into battles and attacked like crazy, while I backed him up and fran healed us. That was my usual reckless strategy but it worked haha. Any major strategy was used solely by vaan.

7. Lurker77

Lurker77 New Member

I use all 6, and usually switch out when I see a party member falling behind or they run out of MP. All 6 have all magic abilities. And...

Vaan - Swords
    Balthier - Spears
    Fran - Bow
    Basch - Greatswords
    Ashe - Swords
    Penelo - Daggers

8. Magna87

Magna87 New Member

I divide them into two parties. The first one is lead by Vaan together with penelo and Basch. The second party is lead by Ashe accompanied by Fran and Balthier. The group leaders are two levels above the rest. However, in a boss fight, i usually use Vaan, Fran and Balthier but i will change the orders if it requires different strategies such as a lot of curing and what not. Sometimes, if the bosses are too tough, i would combine Ashe and Vaan together with Fran.

Vaan, Balthier and Basch are more into inflicting physical damage using weapon such as broadsword, axe, guns etc.

Ashe, Fran and Penelo is more to magic and summoning. Fran is concetrated on offensive magic and status effect magic. Penelo and Ashe is more to curing. Ashe also do a lot of summonings. All the espers are divide equally among the characters but the strongest espers are in the hand of Vaan and Ashe.

I dont use gambits on party leader. Basch, Penelo and Balthier always use items be it recovery or offensive item.

Generally, Ashe and Vaan are well developed in all fields, from physical attack to magics.

9. YRPgrls <3

YRPgrls <3 New Member

I mostly used Fran Ashe and Vaan.

Vaan was always my leader. I used Ashe because she could see the bombs in some areas. I used Fran because out of my whole party except Vaan. She was the most powerful.

10. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

You realize that was just because of the accessory she comes with by default, right? All that is is a libra effect. If you give anyone else that accessory, you'll get the same results.

11. SheShe

SheShe New Member

um well i seperated them into two groups

Group 1 was Fran, Balthier, and Ashe
    I used Fran as the leader generally and kept her as a Archer and mostly leveled up her archery stuff and magic to cure people fast
    I started Balthier on daggers and eventually took him up to swords and concentrated on his strength
    For Ashe she was all magic, and i kept her using staves the whole time.

Group 2 Vaan, Penelo, and Basch
    Vaan generally the group leader, i leveled him up using poles
    Penelo was always kind of weak, so i gave her the first couple of espers to make her kinda stronger and i leveled her up on rods and magic a lot so that she could heal.
    Basch i leveled up using swords, it seemed to suit him, he was just the muscle.

group 1 was always stronger than 2 and i think that if i played this game again i would try to even it out more.....

12. Xephr

Xephr New Member

My usual team is Vaan, Balthier, and Basch and mostly Vaan is the leader and all 3 of them are armed with swords and shields

13. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I used Vaan, Balthier, and Ashe. I never had anybody do anything in specific. Vaan had the Zodiac Spear, Balthier had Formalhalt, and Ashe had a greatsword (have yet to get the Tourensol).

14. Kitty

^You should. It beats all other weapons, in my opinion.

So it seems no one really bothers to make their characters into specific classes. Interesting.