• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Perhaps the biggest upset in history...

Discussion in 'General' started by un BLE vble, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. un BLE vble

un BLE vble New Member

EDIT: my bad about the title guys, I meant SPORTS history. don't wanna be too fanatical..lol

So the 5th seeded Giants outplayed the 17-0 patriots in Super Bowl 42 just right now in one of the most exciting games I've ever seen, and I'm not even a New York or New England fan.

I'm pretty content with this outcome seeing how cocky the patriots were. I mean, they were so confident, they even had a celebration parade set up a week ago... comments on the game??

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  2. ansem the wise 59

ansem the wise 59 New Member

yeah the patriot's were pretty cocky... but i was upset to see them lose after all that hard work :(

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Being born in NH, I was rooting for New England. However, it boils down to this. As much fun as it is to get a record, it's more fun to deny a record. The Giants wanted to shut them down more than the Patriots wanted to win. Hell, I don't even think the Giants wanted to win as much as they wanted to stop the Patriots from winning.

4. ansem the wise 59

ansem the wise 59 New Member

HA true dat... i also think that (like un BLE vable siad) the partiots were just too cocky... they were all like 'WOOT WE ARE GONNA WIN!!!!' and them the giant's squashed them (LOL) and they were like 'ouch...'

5. Lestat

Lestat New Member

That really sucked man....for real.

6. Luke

Luke Member

The pats were great in the first 2 quarters :(

7. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

All I can say is that the pats had a great year, they were so close of being the best football team out there. I didnt really care who would of won, so I'm not gonna say anything and if your a NE fan remember you always got the next few years to win a super bowl.

8. Figure.09

Figure.09 New Member

I was so hoping to see a team get an all-winning streak. It was sad, indeed.

But the underdog usually wins for some reason. lawl.

9. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I gave the reason. It's more fun to deny a record than to obtain one. Just about everyone said New England had this one in the bag, and people want to prove things like that wrong more than they want to prove them right. Underdogs have a bigger desire to win. Most of the time anyway.

10. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Im glad the Giants took it to the Pats. Tom Brady needs sit down and be quiet.

11. Nearosaki

Nearosaki New Member

im not the biggest fan of football but i always watch the superbowl, and a few games before that, and to be honest i think the giants played an amazing game, and aye the patriots got far to cocky, n the giants squeashed em like lil bugs o_O tis was a purely amazing game aswell =] i enjoyed n was quiet happy when the giants won ^.^
    <3

12. sma2112

sma2112 New Member

ha
    you know the funny thing
    i hate most sports
    especially football
    but i knew fronm the start of the season that they would go all the way
    i even caught the end and laughed at the pats coaches leaving with the one second
    soooooooooooo funny
    but oh well
    not a big deal its just football

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.