• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Persona 4 Arena

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Zenrot, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Anybody picked this up? I'm liking it a lot right now, but I'm a fighting game buff so I guess that is to be expected. Who do you main? Secondary? Also feel free to use this as the XBL or PSN matchmaking thread.

I'm currently maining Yu Narukami, and using Akihiko Sanada as my secondary for matchups against people Yu can't keep at mid-range.

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I heard it needs a patch because of the lag?

3. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

It was a glitch on the Xbox version that caused excess lag in online matches, but the patch came out and fixed everything today. The PS3 version has always been fine. But a patch 2 days after release isn't bad.

4. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

That's right!

I'll definitely take a look into renting this game. I'm sure this is a big step from the usually RPG into a Fighter.

5. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

It's way different from the Persona series, but its an amazing fighter. Very solid.

6. xdflames

xdflames New Member

I will be picking up this game at some point hopefully. I don't have any PS3 friends currently (or any games to really make them worthwhile) so I will be posting my PS3 name once I get it.
    Although I do have Little Big Planet..

7. angelwings

angelwings New Member

I want it sooo badly but I don't think it's out in Europe yet. I think I have to wait to October *cries *

8. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I saw a Persona game at GameStop so I may buy one. It is starting to sound interesting, I like the music in the game and it is becoming quite popular.

9. Beloved

Beloved Azure's Beloved

I just picked the game up yesterday and its fantastic. I thought it would be a little too bouncy because its based from an RPG style game but they hit this game right on the mark. Its right up there with Guilty Gear and Blazblue.

Btw if anyone wants to add me as a friend on psn my tag is Adonis_Klein69. (Catchy no?)

10. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Yeah the game is great, the balance is insane. There are only 3 generally accepted matchups that go 7-3 in any character's favor, and the rest are 6-4 or closer. That's pretty unheard for balance in a fighter.

For anyone curious those 3 are (7-3 format):

Elizabeth vs. Kanji
    Mitsuru vs. Elizabeth
    Shadow Labrys vs. Yukiko