• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

please help the tech noob

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatori, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Hatori

Hatori New Member

I am having a bit of a problem involving a PlayStation 3. My family's PS3 broke while I was on vacation and my brother is kicking up all this fuss about how it's worthless and we should get rid of it. (Off topic but he thinks he has the authority cause he plays it the most) Here are my questions.

Our warrenty has long since expired. If we take it to be fixed, would the fixers be able to remove all of the data on out harddrive and sucessfully put it back after mending the machine?

The Brother Who Shall Not Be Named says that it is less money to simply recycle our broken one and buy a new one, rather than having it fixed. Is this true?

Is it even possible to fix it? Apparently it is afflicted with the PS version of The Red Ring of Death.

Please help me if you can!! Technology is just one of the things that resists to obey my will. ><