• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Question about ending. Obvious spoilers here!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by xdflames, Aug 12, 2012.

1. xdflames

xdflames New Member

Basically, I beat the game on proud, have 7 trophies and I do not have the secret ending. I looked online and I see some stuff about some questions. Now, I have already beaten it and saved over my existing file, does this mean I need to go and re-fight all of the bosses and answer the questions correctly to unlock it?

And, what are the correct answers to these questions?

I feel like the game just dealt a low blow right now. Will be kind of dissapointed if I have to spend another hour fighting all of the bosses again.

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Check this out! I haven't tested it but I believe that you must have:

5 Trophies
    3 Questions Answered Correctly
    Unlock the Secret Message
    Beat the Game Again

The 3 questions are when Riku dives back into Sora. He defeats nightmare Ventus then he arrives at DestinyIslands and is questioned by Roxas, Ventus, and Xion. The correct answers are 2,3,3. After the credits, Sora dives through credits and you can control Sora. Gather the letters that glow Gold.

I'm sure that'll do it.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I read online that the amount of trophies depends on the difficulty level. I think beginner mode required 10 trophies, normal required 7, proud required either 5 or 3, and critical mode didn't require any.

Also, is Sora diving through the credits always a part of it? I went through that when I beat the game but I don't have enough trophies for my difficulty level (Normal, in case you were wondering).

4. xdflames

xdflames New Member

Yes. I am playing in proud. I know where the questions are, its just that now I will have to replay through all of the final bosses starting with Xemnas and I am not too happy about it. All because I answered the questions wrong.

2,3,3. Thanks for that. Will see if it works I suppose.

And yes, I have 7 trophies including the two for beating it on proud and finishing the story. So I had enough to obtain the ending on my difficulty before I even finished.

Edit: I have unlocked the secret message.

Here in a little bit once I stop getting too greedy with hits on Xemnas, I will let you know if the questions are required and if you always dive through the credits. I would assume that the credit diving is always there.

Edit: It appears that whenever you load the game, Sora still has to fight his (only) final boss, and as Riku you only fight the last boss. Can't believe how much of a time saver that is.

Edit again: Alright, I beat the game again. Going through the credits is still there, however to unlock the Secret Ending you do not have to get the Secret Message, as I sat my 3DS down during the credits and missed the first letter >.>...
    However, I did already have it unlocked so it may be needed. The answers I used are:
    1. Losing something that's important.
    2. My close friends.
    3. To recover something important.
    After doing this I unlocked the secret Movie in the Theater. It also did not appear with something saying I unlocked it, until I resumed my game and looked at the menu, after which a message popped up saying "You have unlocked the Secret Movie! Go to Theater mode to play it!"

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  5. heartsride

heartsride New Member

beginner mode needs TEN????? thats why i didnt get the movie

6. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Maybe you did not do something else in the game I guess. Even so, I suggest just playing Critical Mode if you are already familiar with Kingdom Hearts mechanics. Will save you the trouble.

7. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

Just do what Summoner said. Critical Mode is pretty easy if you have all the spirits created and you transfer them to the Critical file. Beating Critical gave me the ending right away. I didn't answer the questions "correctly" but I still got it.