• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Dragon Quest' started by Angel, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

What Dragon Quest game do you recommend for someone new to Dragon Quest like myself?

2. Maxad

Maxad New Member

The first nes game is very short as opposed to final fantasy 1, it feels alot like a demo. There is a level cap of about 30 and only one party member. My first dragon quest game was a handheld in the monster series on game boy, but for a full blown dragon quest game, 5 is really dungeon crawling heavy. Like you havent seen dungeon crawling until youve played 5. 7 is nice and long, i would go with that one if you can find it, 4 is supposed to be good, 3 is rumored to be really good, 8 is alright, the cel graphics make it look like dragonball z. XD 8 has an alchemy weapons and items system that you have to mess with until you get the hang of it unless you look online for the recipies. Its fully 3d so i found myself getting lost for hours but its open world so you can litterally go anywhere. So play 3, 7, or 8. 5 if youre feeling sadistic. XD

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Okay, I'll try 5 first since it sounds the most interesting! ^_^

4. Maxad

Maxad New Member

The beautiful thing about dragon quest is that it rarely changes but it knows what works, what makes an rpg at it's corel go for it. XD you will not be dissapointed.