• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Red Pill or Gold Pill?

Discussion in 'General' started by EtherealSummoner, Dec 12, 2012.

Which Pill?

1. Red Pill

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Gold Pill Baby!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

A member on another site made up this discussion and I found it interesting so I will bring it here as well.

2. Suriel

Suriel New Member

Well, I would certainly choose the red pill. While living a perfect life sounds pretty fine; it’s still basically a dream. It’s not real. There won’t be any real achievement out of it. Sure, you do everything you want, have all the things you ever dreamed of etc., but eventually you will still feel empty and bored. It’s not like the red pill does any better actually, but you learn to value the sense of living if you choose it. It helps you to appreciate the good things in life (if you have them). What’s the fun of being my own God everyday? It would be boring once I ran out of ideas. So yes, I choose the red pill.

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I think I would also choose the red pill. The gold pill would be fun for a bit, but 1) I don't like the idea of my existence being wiped from the timeline. I don't think I've contributed much in the grand scheme of things, but I'd still like to think my life has made some sort of difference in someone's life, and 2) Where's my body during all this? Just lying around? Because that idea makes me majorly uncomfortable.

4. YaminoHikari14

YaminoHikari14 New Member

I'm genuinely suprised as to the fact that no one has said the gold pill. If you can have this dream like state were you can create stuff and make it perfect, you could easily create your relatives, friends etc, and make it like life, but much more happier, if anyone gets what I mean, But then again, the gold pill actually reminds me of a "get out of jail free card" but only it's essentially a one way ticket to paradise, to me the gold pill is a way of going straight to heaven, a cheap cheat out of life, how is it rewarding when nothing has been done to deserve it? Admittedly, I would be extremely tempted to take the gold pill even if it means I die i'm not scared of death as lnow it's going to happen and I can't prevent it. But when you take take the gold pill, you're wiped from the timeline, people forget you. I would hate that, I have a fear of people forgetting me, and I would remeber tht timeline and know tha they never knew about me, that they just forgot about me. Even though it's an extremely close tie, I would take the red pill for my own selfish reasons.

5. Kitty

^ If I didn't have issues with the idea of my body lying around for anyone to do what they want with, I'd be more tempted by the gold pill.

And I don't think having the kind of power the gold pill would give me would be good for me in the long run. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that. And while I might not realize that if I'd taken the gold pill already, here on the outside, it's what I think.

6. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

^ But so long as that absolute power affects you and doesn't harm any real people, what's the problem? You wouldn't realise you were corrupt in your dream, and no one else would care because it's a dream. I'm not sure whether I would prefer to be God of my own meaningless world, or live normally in a world with meaning. My only worry with the gold pill is that if I created a world of absolute happiness, wouldn't I get bored eventually?

I think that everyone's assuming, though, that the only thing that you could do with the gold pill is change the planet drastically and make everything suit you. What if you, after taking the gold pill, only changed one or two aspects of the world? For example, keeping the world as you know it more or less the same, but eliminating poverty and war. That's what I would do anyway.

In the end, I'd choose the red pill simply because I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that everything around me is just a figment of my imagination.

7. Kitty

Well, you're right in that it wouldn't actually be harming any real people, but it's more about what it would do to me, how I would feel. Maybe I wouldn't be able to realize this from the inside, but I know it now and it would be a deterrent from taking the gold pill.

Theoretically, though, if you could change anything, you could probably make yourself forget that it is a dream.

8. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

I share your feelings in that I may be able to make myself forget that I'm dreaming from the inside, but I know now that it would only be a dream and that discourages me.

9. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

The poll is so bias!

My decision will be the Red Pill! Although the Gold Pill is very tempting and swallowing both pills at the same time would be something interesting to experience, I wouldn't want to live in a world that I create. Creating love, friends, and family that bends to my every whim isn't a world that I would want to live in. That truly isn't real and nothing can really compensate for that. The flaws and all of reality and the unexpectancy of kindness and hardness is what I want! So, Red Pill come my way!

10. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

It is very dumb to even try and play the role of Almighty and Creator anyways. You want everything your way and before you know it, everything around you does not even feel like realism any more and as though you have no life. I mean, really. Why take a gold pill just to feel as though you can break the laws of the universe?

11. Mike

Mike Member

12. yzw035

yzw035 New Member

Red Pill for sure

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013