• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Rinoa/Ultimecia theory

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VIII' started by Desert Warrior, Jul 17, 2008.

Do you think Rinoa is Ultimecia?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I was looking up stuff on this game, and I came upon a theory that Rinoa is Ultimecia. What do you guys think?

2. demon of darkness

demon of darkness New Member

how would rinoa be ultimecia, i would love to hear this theory.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Well, it depends where you read about it. If you go to Youtube, they have videoes where people try to prove that Rinoa is Ultimecia.

4. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I don't believe that Rinoa is Ultimecia. RInoa may be a sorceress but there are other sorceresses too that are still living so Rinoa have to be crossed out.

5. What reason would Rinoa have to do the things Ultimecia did? It does'nt make sense.

6. EtherealSummoner

Well, I already heard about the rinoa ultimecia theory long before this thread was made. THey said that squall was rinoa's knight the same way that seifer was eldea's knight & squall being alive made rinoa stabled. Since rinoa is a sorceress, she is immortal & cannot die unless she gives up her power while dying. THey also said that when squall passed away along with selphie & the others, she was all alone, making her unstable. BUt, I cross that out because their are other sorceress besides rinoa.

7. When was it ever stated that a socceress lives forever? I don't remember that being said. I thought socceress grew old and died like everyone else.

8. EtherealSummoner

It says something like that in wikipedia or wikia. I'm not sure, but I know I've found something like that.

9. I need to look into that. I had no idea that was possible.

10. EtherealSummoner

There's some more stuff that I would like to add on to that. If Ultimecia is Rinoa, why would she tries to kill her past self? Why would she use her past self to bring back Sorceress adel back & throw her past self in space? IF Rinoa is Ultimecia & rinoa dies, then there would be no Ultimecia. See where I'm getting at?

11. Yeah, so it is impossible for them to be the same. Case close.

12. hooded unknown

hooded unknown New Member

I love this theory. I think I've read so much about it but some things still don't make sense. I'll just throw out a few things I've read.

So a few factors that make people believe Rinoa is Ultimecia are:
    - Rinoa kept Griever, and Ultimecia has Griever as her GF.
    - sorceresses don't die.
    - Ultimecia possessed Edea and had Cid build Balamb Garden to make SeeD. She wanted SeeD to kill her because she was alone in the future.
    - the story is pretty much an endless cycle. Squall and everyone else will grow old and die. Rinoa will never die and will become the sorceress of the future. So she goes to the past and causes havoc and time compression so that the SeeD in the past, the younger Squall, could get to her and kill her.

There's a lot more info. on this theory. Just wanted to share what I had.

13. EtherealSummoner

Uh, they messed up on the theories hooded. First off, griever is actually squall's griever in his mind. If you used scan on griever, you will understand. Not only that, ultimecia didn't possess edea to force cid to make seed. Edea and cid made seed in order to save people from the sorceresses in the sorceress war. Edea had saved Ellone ( I think that's what her name is) from getting controlled by ultimecia and decided to be controlled by ultimecia. The story is not a endless cycle because, just like I said above, if ultimecia is rinoa and she tried to kill herself, then the ultimecia that they think is rinoa will cease to exist, so as a fact, rinoa is not ultimecia.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  14. roxasrox39

roxasrox39 New Member

i have to disagree