• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

soulja boy

Discussion in 'General' started by un BLE vble, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. un BLE vble

un BLE vble New Member

So, unless you've been living in some cave, you'd know that the biggest craze during the last the three months has been the soulja boy song/dance. Now, I completely HATE songs like this, and i'm sure you've heard a bunch of other people say this too, but this song is arguably the grossest song to ever get played on the radio (and it's still not edited on radio stations around where I live because the "b" word apparently is now appropriate enough to pass censors in the media).

This just leads to stupid things like: middle school kids knowing the soulja boy dance by heart and a disturbing number of teen girls who just adore this song and say things like "OMG, this song is SOOO catchy."

Well, the point I'm trying to get across is just what this song is about and just how degraded it is for females. I doubt that many people know what "superman that hoe" means, and if you're curious, find out by yourself because its too disgusting to even post here. How so many girls are not offended by"crank that" is ridiculous; IMO, the fact that so many girls like songs like this is the reason why guys think they can take advantage of girls. It's pretty heartbreaking when you really look at it.

I'm open to any thoughts on this...

2. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Soulja Boy is the prime example of why all hip-hop is confused with gangsta rap now. Yeah, no one here needs to know about "supamanning that hoe" but why its in a song god only knows. But now that soulja boy is messing with the wu-tang clan, hes gonna learn that wu tang aint nothing to f*** with.

*EDIT*

Soulja boy is not just battling with the Wu-Tang, he is in fact starting controversy with EVERY actually good rapper out there...

Read on (source MTV.com):Soulja Boy Tell'em's career is growing by leaps and bounds. One day he put a song called "Crank That" onto the Net, and months later, he's breaking digital-download records to the tune of 3 million sold.

Now the upstart teen rapper has his eyes on the MTV News hip-hop brain trust's "Hottest MCs in the Game" list. The next list is on the way soon.

Six months ago, however, when the top 10 was unveiled, SB was only bubbling beneath the surface as his catchy dance number was just breaking through before it eventually turned into a pop phenomenon. But now that he's got his chops up — including a Grammy nod for Best Rap Song — the Southern rhyme-spitter thinks he's deserving of a place alongside top-five MCs like Lil Wayne and Kanye West. Actually, he thinks he the #1 slot suits him in particular.

"I think if y'all did it right now, yeah, I deserve to be on there," SB told MTV News last week. "But back there, when y'all did it, I probably didn't have the status that I have right now.

"I'm Grammy-nominated," he continued, citing his credentials. "If I look at the new list and I compare myself to all 10 of the artists and some don't add up, I'll be like, 'Wow. I should be #1 if it's right now. I'm #1."

Soulja Boy was more candid when asked how he ranks specifically against alumni of the first Hottest MCs list, like Weezy, 'Ye and Jay-Z.

"Right now, yes [I'm hotter than them]," he answered as their names were read to him one by one.

He said he is the best-selling online, highest-ranking on the Web and the most publicized rapper worldwide right now.

"Today, January — whatever the date this is — 2008, yes [I am the hottest]," SB emphasized.

While Soulja Boy fully believes in himself, critics say his "ringtone" raps are a part of the problem plaguing hip-hop's lyrical creativity. However, some pretty big heavyweights from 50 Cent to Nas have co-signed on the young rapper. Soulja Boy also said Busta Rhymes has reached out to work with him. But SB said to give him three or four more years to get his focus on being more lyrical in his tracks.

In the meantime, he sees himself as a pioneer of sorts, opening the door for do-it-yourself acts and artists set on making big dance tracks.

"They'll say I opened up a lot of doors for people," Soulja Boy explained. "The first person who started this, what we call hip-hop, opened the door for me. It probably wasn't a party track or a 'Crank That,' it probably was something way, way, way different than what I'm talking about, but he still opened the door for what I'm doing, and if I never would have did this, [the next] wouldn't come."

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  3. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

Yeah....Soulja Boy shouldn't be cursing because he is only17..

4. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Age has nothing to do with it, I curse and I'm only 16. It's just the fact that in all of these songs that can be played to children on channels like Q94 and everything are just not acceptable. Also, he is capitalizing on the fact that not many people know the slang that he is using.

5. un BLE vble

un BLE vble New Member

Wow, I didn't know about the egotistic part of him. That's just plain wrong, dissing already distinguished rappers when you're just a newcomer in the game...

6. rockerblade13

rockerblade13 New Member

Youuuuuu!Soulja Boy sucks!
    [​IMG]

7. He sucks to me

8. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

I reckon the song is pretty cool, especially the screamo versions, catchy, good tune and well thought of, it may be offensive but most songs around now are offensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.