• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Spira

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy X' started by Tifa_03, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Tifa_03

Tifa_03 New Member

This is where you can discuss anything while you traveled to Zanarkand. Also which was your favorite place you stopped at during the traveling.

2. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I actually loved Spira. The landscapes were pleasing and interesting. The variety among the different places was quite nice. The only think I'll say in regard to that is how drastically different things can get from one section to the next. Most notably the abrupt change from the Thunder Plains to Macalania Woods.

I thought the people of Spira were set up quite nicely. The two non human races each had their own personalities that distinguished them from humans. The religions and beleifs and sects, political or otherwise, were well handled. The story on those lines was intricate, yet played out in a way that was easy to understand and follow.

As for my favorite place, I loved Zanarkand. The real one, at the end of the game. I loved the ruined city in the early night, with all the pyreflies and the music that stayed the same even through battles. It all gave the place a very surreal, otherworldly feel. It was great.

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I agree with EbAl. The different areas of Spira were all unique and interesting. Macalania was a really peaceful, pretty place, while Besaid was more laid back and beachy. I liked getting to see different races, and they interacted with each other in a pretty realistic way .

My favorite place was also Zanarkand. The city in its prime was so high-tech and neat-looking, while the city in ruins was eerily beautiful. I also liked the music there.

4. Kairi008

Kairi008 New Member

I totally agree with both of you

5. draco009

draco009 Dungeon Master

i agree with all 3 of you.....:):)

6. sin746

sin746 New Member

i really love this game, right now im replaying it for fun;my favorite place on the treck was the calm lands(cause i got out of Bevelle!) and Zanarkand( cause the music of the place relaxes me.

7. Exodus

Exodus New Member

The game doesn't get old for me, which is pretty rare since most games I can play once and have no reason or want to pick them up again. FFX is great, I don't care what anybody else has to say. I'd sound like less of an idiot if I said I liked Zanarkand first hehe. The eerie feel with it, as well as the music along with the pyreflies and whatnot...the designer's did a great job with that place. Even though it was just a game, as you were walking through it, you can sense the emptiness, especially after you get the knowledge of what pyreflies are. I think that makes the place even deeper and more beautiful.

Of course I really enjoyed nearly all of the places in the game. They each had their own feel and I liked going to all of them. The Thunder Plains would be one exception, all I liked about that place was the original artwork of the Plains. I hated going through there, but that's beside the point. Besaid and Kilika were great places, very warm, beachy and laid back. Macalania Woods was beautiful, I especially liked the walk to the temple where you got Shiva. I could name practically every place and comment about how I liked them. From the character design's to the summons to the locations, its a beautiful game.

8. Kitty

Please post with a little more substance than that.

Thank you.

It was annoying hearing Rikku scream during every cutscene there. And getting knocked on your ass every few seconds by a lightning bolt made it a pain in the ass to cross without no-encounter weapons or accessories.

9. Kairi008

Kairi008 New Member

Ya final fantasy doesn't get old for me like others do :]

10. Kitty

What does that have to do with this thread? Post on topic if you want to avoid a warning.

11. Tifa_03

Tifa_03 New Member

I really like final fantasy x's world of spira. It was a great design and one of my favorite places of all final fantasy. I liked how Luca was a big city where everyone would go to forget about sin and watch blitzball. Also, how zanarkand is sacred ruins where summoners would go to receive the final a aeon