• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Stupid Things That Terrified You When You Were a Kid

Discussion in 'General' started by Kitty, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

What were some things that scared the bejeezus out of you when you were a kid, but now that you're (presumably) grown up, it just seems ridiculous?

I can think of one in particular right away, and being somewhat neurotic, if I put my mind to it, I'm sure I can keep adding to this thread. To start off, though, Falkor the luckdragon from the Neverending Story movies. For those unfamiliar, that would be this animatronic puppet fiend:

[​IMG]

I remember seeing one of these movies in the theater as a kid and sitting in the seat scared out of my mind every time Falkor was onscreen. Nowadays, unless they are of the ventriloquist variety, puppets don't creep me out too badly, and as an adult, I've read the book the movies were based on and have a newfound appreciation of the character. But when I was little, something about the way it looked, or moved, I'm not even sure anymore, just seriously freaked me out.