• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

The Arcade Team

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by TradeDemon, Sep 4, 2008.

1. TradeDemon

TradeDemon King Kong

Locogabitron has been adding some new games to the forum arcade and going forward will be running the section. In this honour I have also created a new staff team group called the "Arcade Team"

Please congratulate and welcome Locogabitron as the first Arcade Team member. If you're interested in helping out with the arcade please let me know.

2. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

Congrats Loco! I'm very proud of you! : )

3. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

Yay, congrats, Loco! :D

4. Terra

Terra (Previously RoxasXRiku)

Im Interested,I'm a part of Loco's plan but im not sure if you're planning on taking his whole plan so if I need to join separatly I will.

5. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Whooo!! Good job Loco. Now all I gotta say is good luck with your new job.:) And one more thing buddy Congratz...:D

6. Locogabitron

Locogabitron Kichi's Squall Leon

Thanks TD and everyone!! Ohh and ya, RoxasXRiku is interested on joining the ARcade Team.

Today im going to add more games. I can add only 8 games (sadly) because im a newbie in the site thing. Anyways, thanks guys!

7. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

The same thing happend to me buddy. When I was adding games. And yeah, I say put RXR in for adding tournaments or something.:)

8. Locogabitron

Ya, the tournaments its excelent for RoxasXRiku. He supported my petitoin and all. The more the merier. There is a game that its innaprioprate. There is like a car one. I think it needs to be erased. Ill put new games.

9. Terra

Yeah that game was a bit,odd.

And I'll take whatever i'm givin:D But if i'm in charge of tournaments I can still add games too right?

EDIT: I see the posts were deleted

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  10. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I will be part of the arcade team if you want.

11. Locogabitron

Ofcourse! I would wish that you RoxasXRiku and hopefully Mike can!

12. Desert Warrior

By the way, about the games that are added. Can they please be games where the high score can be broken? I know that this sounds really weird, but there are some games we have where the person who has the high score has the highest score possible. As an example, on the Air Hockey game, you can't get higher than 8 as the high score. So RoxasXRiku permanently has the high score for that game.

13. Locogabitron

mmmm... i see the point here. That's kidna bad. Im waiting for TD to respond so i can add the games. SO far i got 1, because i have been playing alot and doing homework atthe same time (weird) Ill look for games that highschores can be broken.

Don't worry

14. Terra

Actally someone managed to take the high score on Metal Slug rampage 2 despite about 10 people having the highest score,I don't know how but they did it.

EDIT: I see how they did it now,it wasn't really the highest,so the first to get the true highest got it forever

15. Desert Warrior

Yeah, I have been trying to find out how they did that. I could only get 24, and I made sure I killed every enemy.

16. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Well i welcome you guys to staff though i dont really play the arcade games im sure you all will do a wonderful job in making it the best. good idea TD

17. Terra

Off topic but,There's a miner you can only kill with a bomb,not a normal shot,I think that's what most people miss;)

So when does TD usually log in? I just want to know when we can get more info on joining.

18. Locogabitron

Ya, Metal Slug Rampage was really a disaster game. When i mean by that is, you really can't get the real highschore. Now, Some highschores.. like Mike highschores are technically impossible to beat. I woudn't try making duckhunt thing and Space invaders.

So, that's really why i added more games.. because in the end... if there were no new games.. the king of the arcade will always be MIke.. and it will be there basically forever!

19. Desert Warrior

Speaking of Mike's highscores, his Hexxagon high score is impossible to beat for a few reasons.

1. Nobody except him can beat the computer in that game.

2. He has the highest score possible.

I can't remember if there is another game that has a top high score. Maybe just those three....

Oh, and I got halfway to his Space Invaders score. I will try and beat it in the future when I have time.

20. Mike

Mike Member

Actually you guys are mistaken about one thing:

Tying the 'top score' may or may not get 1st place. What determines who gets first, in the event of a tie? There is always a parameter built in...for instance in Hexxagon, I wiped out the computer entirely, and filled in the entire board. I was NOT the first person to do this...you can verify, two others tied my score, but their date is actually BEFORE mine. I was however, the person who wiped out the computer FASTEST. If you do it in less time than it took me, you will take the top score.

Every game has a way of tiebreaking. There are some games like the golf one (and no I'm not just bitter about not being able to beat it, haha) that are virtually impossible to beat the scores...but the majority of games do have beatable records.

Resident Evil? Sure.
    3D-Tanks? Of course, I played for like 6 minutes and then committed suicide because I had sufficient money to take first place.
    Space Invaders? Yep.

And so forth.

I'm pretty sure all my records, besides perhaps hexxagon, are beatable...some require patience, some require raw skill, but it's definitely possible.

EDIT: I also noticed a glitch in the arcade:

[​IMG]

For some reason, it says I have both, 9 and 10 records. Upon checking my arcade profile, I still have 10...does anyone know what's causing the problem? (Like did you accidentally delete a game or anything?)