• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Ubisoft's new DRM-system

Discussion in 'General' started by Cameron, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Anyone else heard about this; the newer PC games from Ubisoft (such as Assasin's Creed II) will require a internet connection to access your save games and play at all.

Well, what happens when you lose connection to the Ubisoft database? You lose everything what you've done (guess that the saved game is there) and the game throws you back to the main menu.

As for myself, I like to play with PC, and I have no stable intenet connection. I like to play Ubisoft games, but if this really happens, I think that I will (if I ever would be interested in the game) leave the game to the shelf.

Here's some opinions that guys poste about this.

2. Misty

Misty New Member

This sounds pretty stupid, imo. It's all good and well if they want to do this, but at least give a "play offline" option. Bringing things you would normally have to be at home to do on-the-go, like on playing games on a laptop, is becoming more and more important in today's world. And like the quote says, unstable internet connections are all too common. Usually the times when I play games on my PC is when my internet isn't working.
    I don't understand the games of today's reliance on online playing, either. I get that it's fun to play co-op missions with your friends and such, but I think there's something to be said for games that can carry themselves without this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.