• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

VOCALOID

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Hatori, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hatori

Hatori New Member

So I got into VOCALOID a while back and I've gotta say it's pretty epic. I still don't know everything about it though. Like a list of all the Vocaloids becised Miku, kaito, Luka, Meiko, Gakupo and the Kagamines. I've heard of fan made Vocaloids and such but the wiki site doesn;t do a good job of explaining. I sugest we pool our knowledge and just discuss VOCALOID in general!! :D

2. Luke

Luke Member

What exactly is it :eek:? ive heard a bit about it. and i see it alot of places.

3. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Vocaloid is basically a type of computer software. It takes samples of real singers voices and turns that into data like pitch, range, etc... then you input the melody and lyrics of a song and it produces a synthetic voice to sing it for you ^^ The characters were made to help sales and they exploded in poputality. So each character sounds different based on their programming.

4. Retrace

Retrace New Member

I really like Vocaloid~ I've only started listening to Vocaloid a lot this year. I used to avoid Vocaloid because I thought it was overrated and I didn't see why people liked it so much, so I gave it a go and now I love it! But I am extremely biased towards the Kagamines (especially Len, aha). :3

5. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Ich leibe kaito-nii <3 Everybody tortures his though, poor Kaito-niichan :(

6. Retrace

Retrace New Member

Yeah. ): And Len usually dies in his songs.

Have you heard the Vocaloid 3 Korean demo?
    (I would post the link but I don't have enough posts yet OTL||).

I'm happy that Vocaloid is slowly getting more known Worldwide, especially with Miku doing car commercials in America - though they're a bit weird. Vocaloid World Domination! XD It's amazing how technology has developed over the years.

7. Hatori

Hatori New Member

I haven't heard of the Korean ting, unles you mean the Gee Girls bootleg, in that case, epic ^^ Funny thing is that I haven't even seen ONE commercial for Toyota with Hatsune Miku actually on my TV set, just on youtube o.0 The one thing that kinda irks me about Vocaloid fans is their support of KaitoxLen. I say, let Len and Rin go about with their twincest, I love the kaitoxMiku pairing ^^ I saw sooo many Vocaloids at Otakon this year.....so. Many. Vocaloids o.0

8. Retrace

Retrace New Member

Nope, it's actually a Korean demo, haha. There's also going to be a new Korean Vocaloid for this too. Just search, 'Vocaloid 3 Korean' and the video should be there. It's the song that goes, 'I, Fantasy' etc.

I haven't seen it at all either, but that's because I'm from the UK and the commercial is in the US. I'm not too fussed about pairings, but if I had to ship anyone it would probably be Rin/Len and Miku/Kaito. XD

edit
    Finally enough posts, LOL!
    Here's the link to the video: Vocaloid 3 Korean Demo Song

9. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Ooo, shiny ^^ That song is epic, I need it on my Ipod *determinedface* I've liked KaiMiku since I saw the video for Cantarella (one of the things that got me addicted to Vocaloid.) And now that homecoming season is coming up I can go to dress stores and try to find a ball gown for a Cantarella Miku cosplay. It's one of the one cosplays I absolutley lust after :3

10. Retrace

Retrace New Member

I hope the full version is released soon. The preview is epic and the full version will just be even better! Cosplay? Ooo! Good luck with that and I hope you have fun - I wish I could cosplay but there's hardly any cosplay events here apart from London which is far away from where I live, and I have nobody to go with... :C

11. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Eh. Sometimes cosplay is purley a pain in the ass. Otakon this year, temp in the high 90's and I was wearing my Organization cloak >< I had to take the damn thing off after the walk to the con center to evaporate xP

12. Italia07

Italia07 Life being a handful ¬_¬

I actually ended up seeing so many versions of Vocaloids at the two cons I went to this year. It was kind of ridiculous, but at least some of them knew how to sing -.-

other than that, I'm not a big fan into the whole pairing thing between any of the Vocaloids. it just seems weird and sort of annoying hearing everyone's bashing comments on youtube -.-; it kind of takes the fun out of listening to the song.

13. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Oh yea, I was TOTALLY overcome trying to straighten out which Miku went with which song XD Pairings only really get annoying when people either pull them out of thin air and start galavanting them (KaitoxLen) or they get totally obsessed with them and scream at you if you say anything about it. It also gets annoying when people write fanfiction for VOCALOID using non-cameo self inserts XP

14. Italia07

non-cameos just make everyone worse and more awkward :3
    but it's true, i just wish that those who made the vocaloid songs in general were just a few people, not everyone in the world that is able to because of the software. it takes away originality when everyone fights on who has the rights to call it their song :/ It's not there yet, but it son will be, give or take a few years when the songs start becoming stale..

15. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Well that's sort of the beauty of it. People have forgotten that Vocaloid is really just a software used to help songwriters and composers. All of the hype is around the characters used to promote the software. As long as imagination reigns, I don't think Vocaloid will ever become stale.

16. Italia07

well, let's just hope that future songs don't end up making fan wars over the characters o_O

17. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Oh dear God, that'll be the day that I troll the internet for the saftey of the people, and not just because it's fuuuuuun :)

18. Hatori

Hatori New Member

News! Finally we witness the release of the new Korean Vocaloid SeeU! If you haven't, then feel free to clicky the nice little link below for the demo of her song I=Fantasy~. Just...ignore the comments in the beginning.

=REVEALED= KOREAN VOCALOID3 'SeeU'!!! - YouTube

And now there is the Vocaloid Generation 3 in the making, which is rumored to bring a Chinese and Spanish Vocaloids as well~ :3

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011