• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Who Are you most excited to play as? Riku or Sora?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Kodakliv, Jul 19, 2012.

Sora or Riku?

1. Sora

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Riku

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

Who are you most excited for to play as in KH DDD? as for me I'm getting pretty excited to play as Riku. I always thought that Riku was better than Sora in every way.

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Meh. I am most likely going to play as Sora first since it is just natural and a habit... -_- I need to have the game system first.

3. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

Sora. I played the demo and it was fun to jump around the town. I've never liked Riku also.

4. EtherealSummoner

Not like I do not like Riku or anything. Just... when I played as Riku on Re:Chain of Memories, I was not all that excited. We only get to control Riku in Chain of Memories, this game and at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 when we fight Xemnas' final form and Sora is hold hostage by Xemnas temporarily. I guess the more you play a particular character, the more you become comfortable. However, Ventus and Roxas has a similar fighting style like Sora so that made me steer toward him.

5. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I was listening to the KH Union Podcast and they said that Sora felt like controlling Terra and Riku felt like controlling Ventus which was strange.

6. EtherealSummoner

... :/ Wha...well, I can see why. Riku attacks faster than Sora and Sora wielding the keyblade with two hands is as if he is a heavy warrior, signifying that he is increasing his strength by doing that. I guess that is why they compare Riku to Ventus and Sora to Terra when it comes to battle abilities.

7. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

Wow thats pretty interesting, so maybe I'll like Riku even more now haha :D I don't know his new haircut is sexy imo. :cool:

8. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

Ventus and Roxas didnt really play the same way to me, but ima play with Riku first cuz we barley get to play with him! I love playing with other people other than Sora but i still love Sora

9. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

kind of like what you said, this game I'm going to make it all about Riku, and then KH 3 will be about Riku :) I feel like this game was made more towards Riku.

10. EtherealSummoner

:p No. Just no. Sorry but I am just going to make fun about this part. Just no. Kairi is going to have more spotlight with Riku and Sora. The Kairi supporters finally had their prediction come true. KH 3 is not going to be about Riku.

11. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

AWW SPOILERS! XD to bad I already spoiled my self of the game. Yeah I think Kairi should get sometime on the big screen.

12. heartsride

heartsride New Member

I honestly like playing Sora better. Sora's side was more interesting. Sorry Riku! Riku's was very interesting at the end though

13. ceraqxis

ceraqxis New Member

i dont like playing as riku, becaus you dont play as him in the other games either eccept chain O memeries, but i didnt like playing as him in that game either, But sora is awsome, i cant see why people wouldnt want to play as him.

14. Gourge

Gourge New Member

I say Riku, Because we never actually played in him before only in Kingdom hearts 2 in the final boss when Riku try's to save Sora.

15. Noir

Noir

I played Sora first to show respect for him, but it turns out to be fun. To be honest, I think I liked playing Sora on this game more than Riku, even Riku's my most favorite character in the KH series.

16. SUDoKu

SUDoKu New Member

Riku was naturally stronger on my first playthrough, but at around level 30, Sora's attack skyrocketted and I found myself obliterating every enemy.

17. Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts New Member

I like playing as Sora, it just feels right- It took me a while to adjust to playing as Roxas in KH2.
    However I would really love to see a game where you can play as Kairi - I mean she does have a keyblade....