• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Your Party

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VIII' started by Kitty, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Well, who'd you include in your party, and why?

---

Squall is a given, and anyway, Renzokuken + Lionheart can defeat just about anything. I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to use him, unless they just hated him.

My other two characters were usually Rinoa and Zell. Rinoa because I liked her, and her Angelo and Angel Wing limit breaks came in handy. Usually, I stuck the Recover command from GF Leviathan on her and let her be the healer. Zell, I also liked (at least more than the alternatives), but I chose him for his limit break. He can do as much damage as Squall if played right.

Occasionally, I'd substitute Zell with Quistis, especially while leveling up or looking for weapon remodeling items, since her Degenerator limit will kill anything instantly. It makes it a lot easier to get Malboro tentacles. ^_^

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

For the majority of the game, I used Squall, Rinoa, and Irvine.

Never got Lionheart, but I prefer Squall over all other characters.

As for the other two, I just liked using them more.

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The game don't allow you to switch Squall with someone else so Squall is immediately in the part. Then I use Rinoa and max out her magic. I use Zell a lot but I also like to use Irvine because of his Pulse Ammo so I switch between the two.

4. sutumuadong147

sutumuadong147 New Member

My party has Sqall, Rinoa and Zell. I think this party was excellent. It was flexible, convenient and well coordinated.
    Why?: I think Rinoa was good as well as she was a nurse. And Zell was good at strenght and many limit breaks were good, especially when we fight Sorceress Adel, he could attack him( or her because I don't know Adel is male or female) not to affected by his attack to Rinoa (but Lion Hearts couldn't do). And finally is Sqall, everyone knows he is powerfull with his final limit break: "LION HEART". So this is how I described my party. But when I didn't use Lion Hearts, I also like Sqall because he used his magic so powerfull, I don't know why. When I was training him, I also want to improve his strengt but I can't I also improve his magic. And you? What do you think about your party?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010