• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

A Lost World OOC

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Dreich, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Guest

(Finally someone not afraid to post long, I salute you)

Anyways, make posts at least KHPlanet minium at least, it's not always possible to have a super super long post, unless you have two characters then when talking to another character. So sometimes it's shorten, plus people with buisy lives, like myself, it also can be hard. Just post a minium of 6 sentences, and we're god to go. :)

2. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

It's kind of hard when two characters are interacting. Generally they just say something then you can't do anything but wait for a reply, or god mod and tick people off :D. I'll try to post long when i can though.

3. Dreich

Dreich New Member

if they say something to you and you reply don't be afraid to go into what your character is thinking, or just move on and if they want they can find a way to make the conversation continue to work...if what you do is your characters thoughts and observations that works and it can jump directly back to the convo. afterwards perfectly fine...and I do understand about busy lives...trust me I've had my share of experiences with that, I've even left RPs and forums because I got too busy

4. Zerieth

Kairi star your post is bugging me. Re read it, you got a typo. no offence, i just get bothered by those.

5. Dreich

Dreich New Member

oh by the way guys my next post will be up within the next three days or so (depending on how angry my mom is at me)

6. Zerieth

Ouch. Grounded?

7. Dreich

Dreich New Member

kinda, didn't do about half the work I was supposed to in World History so ended the class with a D....my mom usually expects B's at least so I'm not sure how terrible it is yet, but definitly not good

8. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Hey you sound like me, I can't be on long. World History I can help you with that, I need to find someone who can help me with bio and Alegbra, I got an F in Alegbra and last year pre algebra I had an A and Bio I had a C when last year I had a B.

9. Dreich

Dreich New Member

I normally don't have trouble with history classes it's just my school was trying this whole new curriculum thing (bunch of idiots) so my class is the guinea pigs essentially and everything was messed up so I decided that it wasn't worth even bothering to do it...I think I told you already, but just in case...I can definitly help you with algebra (math is where I'm best).

10. annyssrr

annyssrr New Member

I'm good with Eastern Hemisphere.

11. W.J. Solomon

W.J. Solomon Solomon's Reprieve

I can help with Aerican History if needed.

12. Zerieth

History is my strong point. I never have much trouble with it.

13. Dreich

Dreich New Member

Curtis you need to go back and make that post of yours longer...that's pathetic to be honest...if the dialogue had been something that was in need of a response I might be a little bit more lenient on it, but seriously make the post a decent length post

14. Zerieth

Don't judge dude. Maybe he just didn't have a lot to say, he was replying to my character.
    I'm giving Zackarias a Girl Friend. This is a first for him in all the roleplays he gets featured in i think. Her bios on the same post as Zacks. I suck at romance stuff, so bear with me plz. Any advice would be very nice. Lol, I rhyme every time.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  15. Dreich

Dreich New Member

lol no problem I was judging because if you don't recall I originally was asking for like 3 paragraphs a post...now I just want something more than a couple lines...I really don't think that's too much to ask...Personally I say take a week and make a 3 paragraph post if that's what it takes you, but don't do a five minute, two-line excuse for a post...This may sound a little harsh, but I've seen too many RPs ruined do to posts like that

16. Zerieth

And this is me rushing to Curtis's defence. When your talking to someone, you can't post a whole lot. You'll note that in the rp rules, it says something about controlling another guys character. We have to be very careful we don't do something like that. The most he could do if we were fighting is say some witty banter, and type in a move. Thats why those go so fast, cause we have to wait and no one likes waiting so long. I do everything i can to type my move in less than an hour after he types his, and i'm sure he does the same in return. The problem with doing what he was doing, talking to my guy, is that there is not a whole he could do. What do you want? Him talking about what a fine day it is, and painting little pictures off the pretty flowers? All he could do was talk to my character, and then wait for my reply. I got away with typing a lot because well, my guy had a important date. Everyone's leaving the boring meeting, cause i thought it was over, so well sorry. Bottom line, sometimes you have little choice but to post small. Asking for more than 3 lines is sometimes to much, especially if the other guy makes the mistake of leaving little lee-way. As such, i take full responsibility for not leaving Curtis a whole lot to work with. So thats my say. Sorry if i came off as a jerk.

17. Dreich

Dreich New Member

I understand, but the truth is when it comes to a fight you can post a whole attack routine and subsequently the other guy can then post his defensive moves to every single one of your attacks...I have done this in many RPs while I may come off as asking too much for this and as being a jerk I'm really only trying to push you guys to do better and actually take time to think about what you can do to make your posts better...I realize that again I'm probably coming off as a bit of a jerk, but I ask nothing more of you than I would ask of anyone else
    Again I apologize if this seems like I'm a jerk, but that's the way it is right now I'm sorry

18. Zerieth

XD you total post thief. You got that from me :D.

I have yet to see a whole attack routine posted. I know i couldn't do that. I'm a fencer, and fencers build off an opponents offense. We make it so that they are to busy defending to actually attack. In other words we do something like this,

Slash, fake another slash and for a stab, then back up to defend only to lunge once the move is blocked.

We force an opponent off balance, and so win the fight. I couldn't think of how i would do a whole attack routine and make it sound good.

19. Dreich

Dreich New Member

well I think we've clogged the OOC enough for now...if we wish to continue this let's do it over pm...and if you'd like I could work up an example of a full attack routine in a post and send it to you as a reference

Nice post Zerieth...really well done

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  20. Zerieth

I totally suck at romance. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Read my latest post.

I would like for you to send me one of those. And what about this is clogging the OOC? Were offering examples for people to do better with. If your gonna show me an example, show it to us all. I would appreciate you not doing it on me in the rp, i'm not good at that sort of thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.