• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Back to School

Discussion in 'General' started by LDC1121, Aug 3, 2008.

Are you ready to go back to school?

1. Yes! Can't wait to go and show off my new clothes!

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No! Another week of summer, please!!!!

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike Member

Let's put it this way: I'm old enough that my "Science" is called Analytical Mechanics, and my "Math" is called Complex Analysis. Haha.

In other words, I'm pretty much the age you should be when you graduate university (I'm actually in my final year, but I took a year off...so it works out).

2. rikulover2323

rikulover2323 New Member

Can't wait to get back. I truly enjoy school. I still have some work to finish first, but I can't wait to get back.

3. Lisianthus

Lisianthus New Member

I'm not really looking forward to it, or not looking forward to it. I do internet school, and get to sleep in each day, sooo I don't really mind it. I'm slightly looking forward to taking a Programming class the first semester, which should be helpful in the future :>

4. Locogabitron

Locogabitron Kichi's Squall Leon

So, i belive its homeschooling? i prefer that than going to school. A milllion times i would say

5. SheShe

SheShe New Member

School is stupid.....i only hav 6 classes, ( and i TA for one, and i have choir, and computers so those arent real classes......) i missed a whole week, and had no make up work....seirously! so yeah school is pointless, and though i get to see my friends, we could just hang out outside of school.

6. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

Ummm.... Is A like 10 or 9...?

7. rencoinfreak

rencoinfreak Banned

i have t-t-t-t-t-two summer days left... (cries)
    im not looking foward to get up too early and get tons of homework & projects. -_-

8. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

Mine started August 6th. That's not nice. x__x

9. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Mine starts tommorrow.

10. Locogabitron

Im already in school T_T!

11. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

I don't start till September 4th but I didn't end till the middle of July.

BOOOOHOOOOOO the day I go back to school is my birthday which is also a good thing.

12. Mike

Mike Member

My worst year actually, I ended August 9th and went back on September 2nd S:

Summer school = no life.

13. Locogabitron

Summer school is the worst thing that could happen in life. I mean, what the hecK???

14. Mike

Mike Member

Haha. What if it was in order to fast track? 0:

15. Locogabitron

Well, it is a fast track. There is no doubt. Friends have told me that u can do 12th grade in 2 months-in this case- in June & July.

And it might be a good idea.

16. Mike

Mike Member

Hmm...I don't think that's possible. You can typically only take one 'new' highschool course in the summer, over a four week period.

That's because one course is I believe 90 hours....in 12th grade, you require 8 or 10 (depending on where you're from) so that's roughly 720-900 hours.

Over a 2 month span, that's 360-450 / month, which ranges from 13-15 hours a day.

I'm not sure that's a plausible course of action, especially due to things like sensory overload (ie. after a while you just stop taking in new information).

Keep in mind that 13-15 hours a day, including weekends.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
    Locogabitron likes this.
  17. Locogabitron

No, it is. My friend did it. Its like he took 12th grade in 2 months. It's alot of pressure but you can still make it and he graduated afterwards. So, it is a possibilty, and i might do it to.

P.S. >>DUDE!! WTH!!! U got 8 Freakign highschores!!!! WE NEED MORE GAMES PEOPLE!!!!<<

18. Mike

Mike Member

It's possible, but not under typical circumstances. Like there are examples of people who graduated university by age 12, but that's not through the normal schooling system.

About the high scores: Come September I'll probably be leaving KH-3.NET (ironically enough, because of school, haha), so people will win them back I'm sure...or they'll be deleted or something because of inactivity. I've just been bored (and trying to prove a point), so I've been playing more these days.

19. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Will you be back? Or will you be gone for good?

20. Mike

Mike Member

Well, I'm not sure...

In the past, I've usually sort of disappeared between September and May or so, but I've come back in the summer. This year might be different because I'll be moving onto bigger things. I'm an expected grad, so I may be moving away and pursuing a doctorate degree.

Not sure :\ Hopefully I'll have some time to come back at least one more summer. I'm not completely sure what to expect though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.