• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Card Deck System

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep' started by Luke, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anitnexttoe

Anitnexttoe New Member

Where are you guys getting your info from, because as far as I know, BBS will be on the PS3 not PSP and there isn't any card battling in it at all.

2. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Um... BBS is 100% for the PSP, and 100% has the card battling system.

But you guys, you shouldn't shoot the game down just yet. I didn't like the card battling system either, but it wasn't trash it just needed some fixing up is all.

3. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

No.....still is trash thats just how i stick to it. i dispise card based games. the only one i loved was baten kaitos and thats bc that was fully detailed this card system is just.....unnecessary

4. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

well I guess it sort of is unecessary, but Square just changed up gameplay, CoM was still a fun game, it just didnt compare to KH1 or 2. Thats why games like these don't get much love, because people compare them to their counterparts. Just take the game at face value, and it was pretty fun.

5. hihever

hihever New Member

the cards system would just screw things up if you ask me.

6. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Does EVERYONE seem to think that?

7. Luke

Luke Member

Im with Xelhes on this one.

BBS should be a free roaming rpg hack n` slash liek I and II

8. Anitnexttoe

Anitnexttoe New Member

But over at KHV they're all saying it's going to be on the PS3 even a few of my college friends says it's on PS3

9. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

I dont know where their getting that from, but I promise its for the PSP

10. Luke

Luke Member

Yes, It`s been said countless times that its for the psp.

11. DjC

DjC New Member

that has been stated by nomura that bb s is for psp, end of discussion

12. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

yeah, 100%. but anyway, i dont like how ven looks PERFECTLY like roxas, its strange. They better back it up well.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  13. DjC

DjC New Member

there the same person

14. xhinxhan

xhinxhan New Member

U guys got it all wrong i guess...

[​IMG]

"The game to get rid of the MP system altogether, skills and magics used will become available again after a certain time period. And as the screens above shown, there is a “COMMAND” bar that will slowly fill up as players make their attacks (and decreases if they don’t), a special attack can be launched once the bar is full. Players can also custom mapped the special attack buttons."

"The special attack doesn’t ends there, Terra seems to has a special FATAL MODE"

it sounds cool to me;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  15. Luke

Luke Member

Alright, i'll just go ahead and say this at the beginning.
    I JUST thought this up, someone has probably thought it up before me or atleast something similar. I have hardly no evidence (how can one have a lot seeing as how this is about an unreleased game?) And this may even seem crackpot, but i think no matter what, i find my theory a hell of a lot better than the 'Ven is the older brother of Sora' theories.
    So yes, i will be talking about Ven and the (dreaded) Roxas. and aswell as Sora, Xehanort, Xemnas and Naminé, consider that a bonus!

Alright, so i shall go ahead and say this, we only know of 3 Nobodies that we have seen their original selves (Xehanort, Naminé and Roxas) and this is what i'm basing my theory on.

First off, read this lovely passage from an Ansem Report.

Notice the bold will you. Now lets look at some examples! I do prefer pictures over talk.

[​IMG]

Alright, the picture of Xehanort's colour was off a tad so i added a (crappy) picture above.
    Anyways, lets point out the similarities shall we?
    -Same hair colour.
    -Same Hair style (though Xemnas' is longer and such (age can do that to yeah! :p)
    -Same eye colour
    -Same skin tone.
    -Same eyebrows (lol)

By DiZ's definition i would say that there are only faint visible changes between Xehanort and his Nobody, wouldn't you?
    Now lets take a look at Sora and Roxas.

[​IMG]

Wow, not as many similarities between these two eh?
    -They don't have the same hair colour (Sora has brown, Roxas 'blonde')
    -They don't have the same hair style (Sora's downward spiky messball, Roxas swishy upwards/defying gravity thing)
    -They don't have the same eyebrows (Roxas' are slightly thicker...)
    -They don't have similar noses (Sora's is a bit more roundish while Roxas' is more thinned)
    -They do however have the same eyes.

Alright, now here is where my theory really kicks in (I apologize as my theory is kind of all over the place, i might edit later to make it more clear.)

We know from Xehanort/Xemnas that the Nobodies are SUPPOSED to retain a lot of the same characteristics, but Sora and Roxas DO NOT. So here it is, my semi-crackpot theory.
    A lot of people are talking about the Terra/MX combining thing and i think a similar thing happens to Sora, hear me out.
    I think, some how (no idea really seeing as how we don't have the answers) Ven's SOUL (yes his soul) gets fused with Sora at one point (most likely at the end of BbS) and this would explain why Roxas looks so much like Ven and not Sora. We know that when the Body and Soul cast off it forms a Nobody.
    So I'm thinking that Sora had Ven's soul inside of him and that is what Roxas was created from, which is why Roxas looks practically identical to Ven.
    Okay this probably doesn't flow right because im not organized, but also consider this:
    We know that Nami is made from Sora's B+S so if Ven's soul was also in there that might explain why Naminé also shares SOME of Ven's characteristics. (Nami, Roxas and Ven all have similar noses, blue eyes and blonde hair.)

So, in short, Sora has Ven's soul inside of him. Roxas is made from this soul and Sora's body. Nami is made from this soul and Sora's body. Sora likes to have many people inside of him XD!

(P.S. I'm REALLY sorry if this was hard to follow, i don't normally write theories so this was all over the place, if you have any suggestions i'd be glad to fix it up. Also you can bash this all you want but i probably wont care very much because making theories is all about risks right?)

16. soraking200

soraking200 New Member

wow you have a good eye the only thing that i found between Soar and Roxas is there eye's and with Xehanort and Xemnas the only thing i saw between them was there hair and there hair style.

17. Nani

Nani New Member

I hate it the deck system too. I wish they would keep with real time.

18. ven_roxas

ven_roxas New Member

the deck systemion com contributed to using sora's memories. it also added a more difficult, stratigizing gameplay. i found it to be a good way to access a handheld game. it was an easy to use, yet not easy to make a deck, way of doing things. while i do not have one, i have heard the psp has major possibility. maybe square wanted to give the feel of having the card system on playstation (those of us that can't play re:com) and upgrade the graphics and make a lenghtier story line for a handheld. this could make a very interesting story. maybe this is told from one of the new chatacter's memories, so it uses the card sstem like in com

19. darkside

darkside New Member

i don't think that the card sytem will be exactly like COM, but i could be wrong

20. DjC

DjC New Member

dude that is good thinking right there, i just thought of something, well xehanort and xemnas r the same, and the ansem report said, sometimes there nobody looks exactly the same, well ven wasnt a nobody, and he got transformed into a nobody, making him have the same face,voice,etc. wow that was a really good point of view, good job;)
    ur correct, it wont be exactly the same, that has been stated by nomura himself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.