• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Deathnote

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by emo kairi, Dec 29, 2008.

Who's side are you on?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2009.
  1. Light "Kira"

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. L

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

Well i like light for the reason that he didn't turn in the death note... With such great power comes with ppl who don't handle it 100%, but to see his theory and how he acts on it, it gets more intresting for the readers/ viewers to keep a close eye on him...

And i was looking up on the net and here is what i found about copy cats...

· On September 28, 2007, two notes stating "Watashi wa Kira dess" [sic] (私はキラです, meaning "I am Kira" in Japanese) were found near the unidentified remains of a Caucasian male in Belgium. Nothing was found on or near the victim besides these two notes. Belgian police are investigating the matter further.[66][67]
    · A senior at the Franklin Military Academy in Richmond, Virginia was suspended after being caught possessing a replica "Death Note" notebook with the names of fellow students.[68][69]
    · In South Carolina in 2008, school officials seized a "Death Note" notebook from a Hartsville Middle School student. District officials linked the notebook to the anime/manga. The notebook listed seven students' names. The school planned a disciplinary hearing and contacted the seven students' parents. The principal, Chris Rogers, sent letters to all the students' parents saying "Regardless of the origin of the book, we take the situation very seriously. The safety of our school family is always our top priority. We treat situations like this the same as if a student called in a bomb threat or brought a weapon to school. While there may not be any serious intent to do anyone harm, we cannot and will not take that chance with our students. We will take all steps necessary to ensure our students' well-being."[70]
    · In Gadsden, Alabama, two sixth grade boys were arrested for possessions of "Death Notes" that listed names of several staff members and fellow students. According to Etowah County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Lanny Handy, the notebook was found the previous afternoon by a staffer. The students were suspended from the county's schools. The students, their parents, and school officials had met with Handy and a junior probation officer.[71]
    · In Gig Harbor, Washington, one middle school student was expelled and three were suspended on May 14, 2008 for having their own "Death Note" books. A father of one of the students said that the notebook was "an outlet for frustration from about two years of bullying."[72]

and here is a news report i found bout one of these acts...

2 Alabama 6th-Grade Boys Arrested for Death Note Book
    posted on 2008-04-04 01:35 EDT
    12-year-old students were suspended, pending a juvenile court hearing

Two 12-year-old sixth-grade boys were arrested in Gadsden, Alabama on Thursday for a notebook that allegedly listed their school staff and fellow students in a manner similar to the Death Note anime series. According to Etowah County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Lanny Handy, the supervisor for school resource officers, the lists were in a notebook that was discovered by school staffers on Wednesday afternoon. Handy said the students were inspired by the Death Note series on the Adult Swim network, but he also said there was no indication that the student were serious about planning an attack.
    Etowah County Superintendent of Education Mike Bailey issued a news release that said that the students were suspended from the county's schools, pending a juvenile court hearing. The students, their parents, and school officials had met with Handy and a junior probation officer.
    There were at least two previous incidents in the United States where school officials linked Death Note directly to students being disciplined. One high school senior in Richmond, Virginia was suspended in December over a list of his classmates' names that the school principal linked to Death Note. A middle school student in Hartsville, South Carolina was "removed" from school over a "Death Note" notebook in March. In neither case were there any arrests reported. In the fictional Death Note supernatural suspense story, a teenager finds a notebook with which he can put people to death by writing their names.

These ppl i don't like for they get too carried away, its just an anime/ manga for god's sake!...

2. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

Oh my I heard about that unbelievable...it's sad gosh crazy people out their crazy people out their..and a 12 year old my gosh...horrible.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  3. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

But i made a death note today and don't know if i want to give it a try... I'm worried if it works then i won't be ready for such a superstition...

4. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

They need to have Therapy.... They have something wrong in their mind. lol

5. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

Well maybe... But if they can't get therapy if they think there is nothing wrong in thinking that killing people this way if fine... But if this person does have the real one, then things will get interesting from here on in...

6. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

Yeah, and people get died because of it :D
    And then L appeared. (lol more weird)

7. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

And then we will have "Kira" all over the news... But i just had a great idea... I'm starting a poll on here to find who will what?... wait a sec...

8. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

hey, why didn't you add "None of them"? Nah never mind :D
    I think "kira" side would be good.

9. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

Definitely, and I kinda am misunderstood person anyway in reality, so i fit in finely... LOL...

10. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

Death note rules

Hey, i found this on the net and wanted to share with all the viewer's on this thread...

Attached Files:

11. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

We have an L supporter amongst us...

12. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

Death note RP

Hi there, if anyone would like to play a massive Death Note RP, then click here and join... My user name for it is "I Am her tears", its decent and needs more players so please do get into it...

Death Note RPG - Portal

and once you have, pm my account and i will get you started, but it too easy to start but we have some great people on here, try it please!...

13. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

hey everyone... i took my made up death note to school today and i kinda got into trouble by the principal... My mates wrote ppl's names in it and a teacher got curious and took it off me, then next thing i know, i had to go to see the office... He knew their writing so i got off with a warning but just so you all know, don't let ppl write names in yours, or you could end up in jail...

14. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

It's kinda weird... In fact, ppl never keep a single eyes to me...

15. Overdose

Overdose Ninja.V

I have a deathnote, but i dont take it to school. Some guy i know covered his school diary and made into a deathnote, was kinda funny.

16. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

i just found out how the series end... i think that sucks so much... but im confused, does anyone knows what happens to misa?...

17. Overdose

Overdose Ninja.V

I believe it doesnt tell us.... have you read deathnote 13?

18. emo kairi

emo kairi New Member

nope, just watched anime up to ep 26 it think, its the one with L's death... then i read internet spoilers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.