• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Digimon

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Sephi, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon

Talon New Member

aw, back when i watched pokemon, i was outraged that digimon came along with such a similar name. so for a long time, i hated it without having seen it.
    then pokemon became boring and i watched some digimon to see what it was about (and also because i had a thing for yelling at the screen and dissing the show) but when i switched on, they were on the second season and i actually watched a whole episode. the next day i watched it again, and the next day after that aswell.
    then i realized that i liked digimon way more than i had ever liked pokemon.

2. Riku

Riku New Member

Yeah...

Pokemon is better, Digimon is like:

Itchimon
    Itchimondres
    Itchimodrastes

They just add aumentatives.

3. Flare

Flare New Member

Its really annoying how they have -mon at the end of everything...

4. Whiplash

Whiplash New Member

One advantage Digimon does have over Pokemon in terms of the story is that it repeatedly wiped the slate clean/ignored everything they'd done and started with new characters and a new story. Pokemon is what, over 300 episodes now? And with the same main character, showing very little growth because it's the only way they can keep going for that long.

It also depends whether you care if a series is episodic (like Pokemon, which focussed on pure entertainment with a touch of moral for, well, moral value) or serial (like Digimon, which focussed on an overall story, taking the gamble that it's interesting enough to maintain viewer numbers). I don't mind either way as long as it's well done. Cowboy Bebop was episodic.

Oddly enough, most people are as children.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
    Betty Boop likes this.
  5. Riku

Riku New Member

Yeah...

I agree with you 2 on that, you guys are right.

6. Flare

Flare New Member

^ Very true. Pokemon has gotten very repetitive.

7. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

They go well with their target audience. Then their target audience grows up and moves on to other stuff like anime, comic books, Star Trek etc.

I think the TCG era is almost obsolete though thanks to Pokemon being banned at schools and ushering in hordes of imitators that flooded the market. I bought a pack of Transformer cards just to have some merchandise for the movie and it was just pieces to punch out and build your own robots.

8. Flare

Flare New Member

Pokemon Is targeted for a younger audience so a more complex plot would complicate things for them.

9. Demi Shock

Demi Shock Guest

I honestly loved digimon.

The first two seasons were ok, but Digimon Tamers was the best.

10. Leon

Leon New Member

I think the best one was when they spirit evolved and turned into a Digimon there selves..
    ^^Was that Digimon tamers?

11. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

I like digimon, My favorite season was The tamers because it had a sad ending and it was just off the chain..:D

12. annyssrr

annyssrr New Member

watch every season of digimon 1,2,3,4,and 5.
    Digimon Adventure
    Digimon Adventure 2
    Digimon Tamer
    Digiomn Frontier
    Digimon Saver or Data squad
    but my favorite season is tamer coz i like henry wong, he is smart

13. SoraXRoxas

SoraXRoxas New Member

gosh i miss that show..i watched it when i was a kid i love the toys to lol ^_^

14. xHotsumax

xHotsumax New Member

Digimon was cool as hell way better than pokemon to me but my favorite was the one where the kids turned into the digimon themselves i think the fourth season.

15. darkside

darkside New Member

i used to be absolutely obsessed with digimon. in my mind i would create my own adventures with the first season digimon. i usually left the kids out though.

16. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

i remember i stopped watching it when i was like 6 years old.

17. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

I don't like it, I've always thought it's too same with Pokemon.

18. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

^ amen! imo it's childish, just like pokemon.

19. Locogabitron

Locogabitron Kichi's Squall Leon

meh, i love pokemon before. But to digimon, for me it was confusing. Pokemon was easier to understand.

I have pokemon in my pc and stuff but i dont play it at all. Just when i feel like it, i play it whenever i want. Then, it gets bored and I stop.

Now for the DS Pokemon games. For me its too much. I dont know about this but like how much pokemon are in that world???

20. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

pokemon games are great, really they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.