• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Does Anybody Still Play Board Games?

Discussion in 'General' started by Desert Warrior, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I turned it up on Amazon. I guess maybe it's to tie in with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? I dunno, I don't get the whole zombie popularity thing. o_O But it would be a cool way to change the game up a bit.

I do too, though I'm not always so good at them. I have lots of useless knowledge taking up room in my brain, but it never seems to be the right kind for the question at hand, lol.

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Haha. That's exactly what it's called! I couldn't remember the name for the life of me. It can get really challenging at times.
    --------------

The only real board game that I play regularly and enjoy playing is Chess. IDK. There's something about that horse that draws me in. ^_^.

3. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking ! I never read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (honestly, zombies scare me a bit), but it would probably be a funny twist to the game. I just looked it up and there's undead suitors ! How creepy is that ?! I'm definitely going to look into this expansion more ;P

I'm going to admit the saddest event ever. Last week, I lost four times on the online chest game on easy mode. I'm so ashamed of myself. I'm more of a checkers girl.

Another board game that I'm sure most people have heard about is Clue. I recently got a Sherlock edition of Clue, which I thoroughly enjoy. Mrs. Hudson is always my first choice.

4. Mike

Mike Member

Did you ever read the book? I haven't read any Jane Austen to begin with (I've seen nearly every version of the films under the sun though), but my wife loves those books so she picked up Zombies...said it was quite comedic and interesting. She's not obsessing over it like most people, but said it was enjoyable if you like Jane Austen. I can imagine fans of the book/genre who would buy into a Jane Austen board game would almost certainly buy into an expansion of that nature if they gave it a chance.

Then of course it spawned a bunch of horrendous knock offs, like Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, etc. which aren't particularly riveting books, plus the novelty has worn off after doing it once.

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

No, I haven't made the time to read the book yet, although I've read pretty much everything Austen herself has written. It's supposed to be a movie next year; I'll probably just end up waiting for that.

Same. The only time I play chess anymore is when my nephew asks me to, and he usually ends up beating me, despite being pint-sized. 'Course, he was in a chess club and actually learned how to play properly, whereas I learned by screwing around with friends who didn't really know anything about the game except the basic ways the pieces move, so it's unsurprising, really. :)

I forgot about Clue! I used to love playing this- I always wanted to be Miss Scarlet.