• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Driving on memory lane...

Discussion in 'General' started by EtherealSummoner, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

Biking is more fun in my opinion. You can feel the wind around you, and it makes your legs tougher.

2. Flash Delirium

Flash Delirium Indie Rokkers

Just got my permit earlier. I drove home on the highway. Went up to 75, and then I went through a Wendy's drive-thru. My mom was actually surprised I could keep control of the car so well and that I knew what I was doing.

Now I have to rack up 50 hours of driving and 6 months of holding onto my permit before I can go for my license.

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

-____- That's what I have to do too. Your permit comes in a large, white sheet of paper? (In other words, just like any other writing paper.)

4. Flash Delirium

Flash Delirium Indie Rokkers

Yeah, it was a piece of paper with the permit on the bottom portion of it (perforated paper).

5. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

-____- oh Jesus. I did my first drive today. Actually, my first drive in my life. I panicked. told me to turn right and I did but I end up almost going into someone's yard. Happy that I know how to drive slow and that I know how to drive over railroads but I really need to practice on the wheel itself. iturn left and he says that I need to straighten myself on the lane. Don't go and hit the car. Don't hit that pole there. -____- The wheel is a lot complicated. At least I know how to hit that thing so I can let everyone know if I'm turning left or right.

Also, I felt stupid when I first started. He asked me is my mirror are adjusted and I just looked at it and hardly made it moved an inch. Made me go in reverse and I started to panick real quick. Told me what I need to work on and then made me switch seats with another person, who is a little bit more experienced. All I can do is cry in my mind "HELP ME!!!"

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

:D. When I did driver's ed, I was actually more terrified to be in the passenger seat. At least if I die while I'm driving, I only have myself to blame. XD Also, I always got stuck with the same annoying chick who was a really horrible driver. I was constantly slamming on the break installed on the passenger side as she'd go carreening through the cones and come within inches of slamming into other students on the course. >_<

Good luck.

7. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Lucky you. Here in Australia (with the new rules) we grab our Learners at 16 (by doing a written test). Have to hold it for at least a year and must have 100 hours driving experience (10 of those hours with a professional driving instructor which you have to pay for) before we get on to our next level of licence, Red P plates (by doing a drivers test). Then we have to hold that for a year and then move onto our Green P Plates and then finally after a long time we get our open licence. (I think that's how it works now)

So
    Learners > Red P's > Green P's > Open
    Learners need someone with an open with them each time they drive.
    The others don't.
    P Platers have extra rules on them like you HAVE to have a zero% alcohol rate in your blood and less demerit points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.