• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy XIII Help Thread (No Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XIII' started by Ventus, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Who are you using? At that point in the game I would stick with Lightning, Hope, and Fang. The three of them give you all 6 roles as primary roles.

For boss battles it is a good strategy to start with COM/SYN/SAB. Let Fang debuff the boss while Hope buffs everybody and Lightning does some damage. Once all the buffing and debuffing is done, switch to RAV/RAV/COM. Build up the stagger gauge and switch to MED/MED/SEN whenever you need to heal. When the boss is staggered you can either keep RAV/RAV/COM and build up the stagger gauge more or switch to COM/RAV/COM and deal as much damage as possible. If you need to reapply the debuffs and buffs you can use MED/SYN/SAB and keep everybody alive while casting the buffs.

This strategy should work. Although I'll admit that it is a fairly generic strategy since I don't remember exactly what each boss does.

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I'm mainly using Hope, Vanille, and Fang. I go in with Aegisol and full TP. I slow him and then heal for his fire attack. Then I reslow him and then imperil him, before ravaging his stagger up while Fang absorbs blows. Then when he's basically staggered I summon Hecatoncheir. I get him to about 3-400,000 life before he uses this plague attack which inflicts all status effects while removing any from himself. Then he uses Aeroga killing me instantly. It's a real pain.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Which is why it is better to use Lightning than Vanille. The healing may not be as potent as it is with Vanille, but you're able to dish out more damage with Lightning.

4. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Oh, I used Vanille for healing, Imperil, and Hecatoncheir massive damage output which was around 500k...

5. Maxad

Maxad New Member

I have played every Final Fantasy in the main series except for 3 on ds and the XIII trilogy. Seeing as how FFXIII is more reasonably priced now i may pick them up. Is there anything i should know about it, preferably without spoilers?