• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by SkylerOcon, Jan 30, 2008.

1. demon of darkness

demon of darkness New Member

not now, but the percentage of gay people could rise.

2. Locogabitron

Locogabitron Kichi's Squall Leon

Ofcourse, it could rise, but it won't rise drastically. It's not like tomorrow morning the percentage of gays rise up 50% +. It will be increasing slowly, but its going to take a while.

3. demon of darkness

demon of darkness New Member

I guess your right, but lets not make the whole world liberal. If some people want to be gay fine, but lets keep other stuff like abortion illegal. I guess i'm done debating in this thread.

4. Locogabitron

Ill close this debate soon. More or less in a day or so.
    But it has been one of the best debates I have ever participated.

5. Mike

Mike Member

I wouldn't say it's a 70/30...it isn't a census, where we merely keep track of who is for or against the idea...it's a debate, so it's about the good / stupid points each side has brought up.

Regardless, there are no 'winners.' Or rather, one could 'win' a debate, but merely winning a debate doesn't prove that the winning side is the correct one.

6. Locogabitron

It's an estimate. Because by just saying: "I am againts/in favor of Gay Rights", it counts. I know there are no winners, but the one in favor of Gay Rights have the upper hand. And Id say most of the reasons are true.

I would say most are in favor in what I have read posts from various users in this debate, and only 3 or 4 are againts it. I will take this is consideration, but probably the debate about gay rights will continue.

7. SkylerOcon

SkylerOcon New Member

Wow I haven't posted here in ages.

Anyway, I'd say the book is closed on this debate. Most of what I've seen from this website has 'not for making gay marriage illegal, but am still morally against it' types here. I'd say that this debate has served its purpose. After seeing many, many gay rights debates on the internet, this is the first one I've seen go through without a flame war.

8. RoxasZ4

RoxasZ4 New Member

ok i dont feel that gays should have to right to marrie. god put a male and female on the planet for a reason. if you let the gays get married then the people who are into bestieality are going to want to get married. i think its a bunch of ***** that needs to be forgotten. who cares about equal rights for gays all it doing is saving tier kids embarressment.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  9. Locogabitron

Your posting your comment in base of 'God'. Im trying to exclude God here because we are not comparing God's laws and Gay Rights. Its only 1 subject.

10. ü

ü 30•05•2010

I know this topic is being closed soon, but i will have my say first :p

In my opinion homosexual's have just as much right as any other person. Why shouldn't they marry? Because there the same gender, that means nothing. The point is, is their as much human as anyone else in the world, so why shouldn't they get the same rights.

Gay haters are the most idiotic thing ever, they use petty excuse's as to why gays shouldn't have same rights, for example god ^^. God put us on this earth with free will, to make our own choices. So why can't a man, or woman make the choice as to who they love and marry and raise a family with?

11. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

I honestly think this should be taken over to the religion thread. It's scientific fact that god didn't put us on the earth, asexual life developed into male / female humans over a long period of time.

Anyway, I have said before the majority here really should have an opinion as homosexuals getting married does not effect them in anyway.

12. ^Science is not always correct. God did put us here. As for gay rights, I really don't care either way.

13. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

God, didn't put man here. It was previously believed that God could have caused the Big Bang, but due to developments in science we will soon be able to disprove this. Scientists do not claim that God doesn't exist until they can actually prove it. They will never be able to prove it as its a belief.

And the point of scientific facts is that they are tested / evaluated and proven to be correct.

I am glad to read that you don't care about Gay rights though. :)

14. Science is only as good as the humans that use it. Since God is not human he cannot be proven by science. Thats why we must have faith that he exist.

Yeah, their people too. Everyone deserves love.

15. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

The trinity, God took human form as Jesus. The only evidence that Jesus existed are books, which could have been fake, we don't know.

I'm not saying we can fully disprove the concept of God, but the Bible has been pretty much butt raped by science...

16. But science is imperfect, can you honestly beleive that everything science says is true without a doubt.

17. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

If it is proven, yes. Thats the point of science, if not it would be theory...

18. Science is not absoulute. If we discover something knew then it can disprove what we thought to be fact. An example:

if everyone was blind, then we would only assume that the universe was pitch black, but if we were able to see then it disproves what we thought was fact. If science disproves God then it could just as easily be proven that their is a God, if we discovered some new evidence. Therefore nothing can be an absoulute fact because it could be proven wrong later by another discovery.

19. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

A fact is when we have all the evidence, if we were all blind then we would not have all the evidence, thus we could not make a scientific decision. With the theory of God, we do not have all the evidence, but there is more evidence to disprove the idea of God compared to the 0 amount of evidence to prove God exists.

anyway, http://kh-3.net/forums/debates/715-religion-18.html

20. Well there is the fact that people have had experiences where they died went to heaven and saw God. That is evidence. but your right lets stop debating religion here and move it to the religion thread.