• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Gonna Be direct as possible

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by NeRo, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Uh... the wallpaper link is working properly.

As for the graphics.... I can get to work with you on that Ric. I am actually quite tired of looking for pictures myself. If I can work with you (Even though you are not on the GFX Team anymore) to make pictures for the articles, news and contents that the site writers will be putting up, then that will save time. I might have Kitty to help on this too.

And as for you Wayward, I am always looking out for news; -_- The news take a while to pop up for Kingdom hearts so I will have to look for something else. As for the other two sites, the only reason they have news up is because they always announce the competitions that they will be having, can translate and screenshots.... :D Ahaaaaaa...but anyways, the reason why I as able to put up news is because my web browser is able to translate any language, including Japanese so that is not much of a problem.

:D AND YAAAY My 7,000Th post...

2. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

what if we began adding something like or similar to a Youtube video sharing Sub-Forum? Basically we would post links to video game related videos (like walkthroughs, as mentioned before) or funny videos, like how I could use my Gameshark and have Final Form Sora face Sephiroth, or as Donald and Goofy. People would notice this and would want to join and show off their own videos, and eventually decide to be active everywhere else

3. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I just saw that NintendoCity forums. Seems like he's more concerned about that site's survival than he is about this one. I wonder though... TD has three forums to his name, why wouldn't he try to merge them to some extent? Like get a single, large, jack-of-all trades sort of place started?

@ADog: because there are already sub-forums that can be utilized for such purposes.

4. EtherealSummoner

Because the person or people who was over those sites made them separately. Oh yea. Did I mentioned that 1UpsGamers is another site that he is also over. That makes four and that too is dead. There might be some more sites that he is over. But anyways, I am about to add something else to my Rejuvenation plan.

5. Become

Yet sites have "merged" before. I think that if all of these sites are under his name, he'd be better off, if he can, scrapping them and making one "super site" so to speak. Not only would that put less on his plate and make it easier to manage things (it seems like his biggest issue is that he has multiple places to his name added to an involved offline life. And I thought it was hard just being a member on four different forums). If all the sites are under his name and control, he has all the right to scrap them and salvage what he can to merge into a single place on the web; I'm sure of that.

6. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Just let me know what it is that you need.

It's always been that way with him favoring sites, KHP is known for nagging TD to come help us.

And about the merging, he probably wouldn't, mainly because it's all about money and statistics. If he merge all the sites together he would get less money than having 3 separate forums in total. VBulletin runs off of guest and members, so the more guest he has viewing his sites the more money that'll come back to him. All he wants us to do is our part, posting, viewing the forums, getting him guest and lots of activity, it's like a trade without win. You work for him, while he gets paid. I'm sure that if the activity rate dropped to 2% oh he'll come back, because he'll notice the money isn't flowing as what it use to be when it was activity.

7. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

TD sounds a little like Activision when you put it like that. Maybe he has other reasons?

8. EtherealSummoner

<_> BUT DON'T YOU FREAKING BELIEVE THAT HE WOULD GET MORE GUESTS IF WE MERGE THEM THOUGH?! I mean, just look at AnimeMB! We have been receiving so much guest AND traffic and the admin over there has the ability to know how much we get from traffic. It is an anime site but the articles we have over there is more detailed and captivating. Actually, we have been using pictures off the web over there and they look pretty decent regardless of the lack of a GFX team over there. Now for me, I don't want AnimeMB to get merged but as for NintendoCity, 1UPSGamers and this site itself, I believe that we can do that. The problem is this:

1. Do we need to have a new name?
    2. Do we need to have new sections?
    3. Are the members from the other two sites will come together to this site or the name of the new site that has just been merged.
    4. Is there a problem in actually merging them, especially with the coding?

And I bet that there is more. I am not stomping on TradeDemon. I made a promise to help in anyway I can but even if this is about the money, I highly even doubt that he is receiving more money just from how it is now with the delay in activity.

9. Become

Yeah. But if he had a business mind he'd realize that having four lackluster products will land him in the hole, while having a single quality product will produce the goods. If you make four different kinds of widgets and only put effort into making one of them, the other three are still going to pull you down unless the one is top notch, which, from the looks of it in this case, just isn't the case anywhere.

Of course, if he had any business mind, he'd also know that it's about providing for the consumer. I think that's what those other forums do, ultimately.

10. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I know.

I'm not saying "You didn't categorized them". I'm saying. There should be an easier way for someone to assess. What category goes with what article? An easier way would be a category link underneath the article or tags for easier searches. I should have specified. Kingdom Hearts 3D and Interviews should have their own categories though.

Money is the only reason.

11. Become

Yeah. I can't think of any reason outside of money for him to take the task of owning four sites... especially four sites that could all be one. Unfortunately that kind of plan only works if you put the effort into making each site great, or at least allow other people the power to change things as necessary.

12. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Since I have not been an active forum for a very long time, I am going to ask a big question. Have you guys ever considered putting some money together and buying this forum from TradeDemon? If websites are like normal companies, I assume they can be bought and sold. Of course the investors (for lack of better word) would probably also be responsible for the taxes and legal stuff involved, but that is normal as well.

13. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

• TD is not giving up his site, he already stated that about 2 years ago I believe.
    • Do you even know how much KHPlanet is worth? Try 10,000 or more. (KHP has that much creditendials enough to be worth that much)
    • How would we come up with the money, and how would we pay him? individually? Not going to happen.
    • Not only that, if someone was to buy the site from him, that means they would have to pay a yearly month supply to host a VB server and main site page. That's a total of 320 a year.
    • Seeing as if you go to vb site the hosting package that he has probably cost $239, and to host the main page is run by a hosting server. Which may cost up to $13 each month, so technically I'd let him keep his forum.

But how would he auction the site if we cannot find him?

Napoléon likes this.
  14. EtherealSummoner

-___-- You don't know how much I have cried when you said that. Vox might as well forget asking TradeDemon for more access then.

15. Cameron

Cameron New Member

So you're screwed.

[​IMG]

Betty Boop likes this.
  16. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Tradedemon doesn't care about the site. He cares about the money.

The man has 297 domains under his name. He buys sites with little to no traffic and a popular niche. Builds back links and does a little clean up. Then simply rakes in the money. Khplanet is one of his many sites. He receives a profit for.

This is my favorite quote from him.
    Ya we're screwed.

17. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

...I refuse to belive that...there has to be something we can do...

18. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Welcome to the real world kid, ain't much that you can do.

Aqua Fresh likes this.
  19. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

what about that site that Aqua, Ric, and LDC are makeing? couldn't we make a-a, Idon't know Aliance with them or something?! there has to be something...we are getting New people everyday and whats going to happen to them if this site closes?

20. Become

So basically, TD is a corrupt business man. Great. A new forum is starting to look like not a half bad idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.