• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Important Notice to Roleplayers.

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by ü, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dualblade

dualblade Break!

yes,but if you have say three characters and use them all in one post.you could end up with one liners.i know i did that sometimes in the chaos ordeal rp.

2. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

Is this rule remaining, as about 90% of the RP's I have read is about 1 Line...

3. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. not only will i make that rule more known i will be sure to add consequences to those that do not adhere to it.

4. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

so the minimum will be six sentences!?

5. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

That is a bit absurd. I think the minimum should be 3 lines, even Hope, the moderator has done less than six sentences in each post.

6. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Well I said at least three sentences, all we really ask guys is no one liners, post when you need to, and not so many OOC in the actual RP.

7. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Well, also it needs to be on topic for that matter, I would
    say about 2-3 lines. That is because, so it can look like
    it's a story and not a sentence just randomly thought of
    and get a post count.

8. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Actually that's my bad Sorabrawl :eek: I didn't realize the rule was six sentences and it appears I have caused some confusion. I appologise for that. The last forum website I was on only required three or four. Anyway I don't think it should be that hard to write six to eight sentences. Actually that makes your RP post more intelegent when you do. For example a successful writer doesn't just write what their characters do. They write their characters thoughts and feelings. Likes and dislikes. And such things like that. It can sometimes take accomplished authors full pages to explain a single action a character exicutes. I'm not saying YOU should write a full page, I am just stating the point that it isn't rocket science to write more than six sentences in a RP post. Actually it might be the easiest way to do it on this website.

9. Ventus

I think 3-4 lines would be good. 6-8 lines is a bit harsh, especially when nothing much is happening.

10. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Ok how about this must have more than 4, but we want the minium to be 6. How does taht work, try to post thoughts though like Hope said above.

11. NeRo

I actually don't think 6-8 lines is harsh, i used to RP a lot in very drawn out stories. Besides that can really shut spam down.

12. Nova

You could also write memories or details about the characters expression, setting, thoughts, and all kinds of things like that. I'll give you an example using one of my own posts so I don't cause offence to someone else's post.

Regular Post:
    Spammish Post:
    You see the difference? In the first post it makes a lot more sence because it explains why the character is hurt and why this Alph person is so important in this particular scene. In the second one you would have had to read back to the beginning to understand what she is talking about and it causes some frustration and lowers the value of your post. I admit this isn't one of my best posts but I'm just trying to make a point.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  13. Ventus

I understand.

14. Nova

I'm glad you see our point. If you have any questions later while you are RPing I'm sure me and some of the other mods would be fine with answering them or maybe even giving you pointers on how to make your post better. We do have a post critiques thread that nobody uses. You can post your previous rp posts there and people can give you pointers on how to make it better and give you some other constructive critisism as well. I have been trying to make that thread active for a while now because I think it will help to eliminate spam if people would just give it a chance :D

15. W.J. Solomon

W.J. Solomon Solomon's Reprieve

Ok, cause I thought the RP section got completely wiped. I just woke up from a church lock in and got on to see half my subscriptions gone. I was like. "The heck? What is this?"

16. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Yes, we are currently working on that.

So please be patient, it will be back shortly.

17. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Ok listen, I realise your all excited about the RP's and they're slowly being moved back, but please don't post in them. Let them go, we will annouce when you can go back and start posting again.

18. Fireflame

Fireflame New Member

wow, i hope this site doesn't turn into one like KHInsider. I do agree that spam needs to be deleted and i commend the staff of tackling it.

19. NeRo

Yes we will not go down the same road as KHI has. Don't get me wrong its a amazing site and a good reference of how a kh site should look. however the staff is deplorable. its a disgrace....

20. dualblade

dualblade Break!

May I ask what happened there?I only recently started getting on any forum again and have been to that site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.