• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Important Notice to Roleplayers.

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by ü, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

To everyone that is moderating, in some rps, we did not know of the rules of one liners so keep that in mind.

2. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Dont go to the RP section until we post a announcement prompting you guys to do so. i will be posting a new set of rules soon.

3. demon of darkness

demon of darkness New Member

>So would a post like this work?<

Jesse looked deep into Sara's eyes, "You love Will deeply, don't you?" He said in a serious deep tone.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Semnax smiled and nodded, "If you really think that you can beat her than go ahead and try, Jasmine." Semnax trusted his wife's strength.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Jamie sighed, "All right let's stop talking and get down to buisness. This is the final battle" Everyone around him could tell that Jamie was dead serious.

4. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

That is why we encourage people to read the sticky about the rule in the Roleplay section. It was in my sig for almost for ever!

You don't have to talk to get the story going. Since I am a novice roleplayer and not as good as Key, I give an example.

As you can see, you can describe the situation your character are in. How do they feel and what are they thinking. Things like that make a story interesting.

5. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

Throw in a few more adjectives. * = More detail could be added to describe the scene.

6. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

lol I'm not better than you Yukou as you have just shown. lol even I was scared for Crimson just then. But yes you do make a good point, sometimes your character doesn't even have to speak to get a dramatic effect in an RP post. In that situation Yukou could have just said

Do you guys see why this is a spammish post as compared to the one Yukou wrote? It is only two sentences long and it proves right those who say that roleplaying is unintelegent and say that Roleplaying is not even a logical section to have on Forums. If your are going to post in a roleplay make it count or dont post.

Demon these are some good posts but aswe were saying before you could add so much more detail here that would make them much more interesting and less spammish. For example- and this is just a rough example. I have kind of a headache so this isn't going to be my best:

Or whatever it is that the two characters were talking about previous to this post. You need to add more emotion through memories, the setting, even through discription of the character your character is talking to will help.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  7. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Yes,i do see a big difference.The one that Yukou put drew me in and had me wanting to know what happened next.Your spam version was very anticlimatic.I must say this is a learning experiance for me.

8. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

OKAY guys we ARE all done, and you can go back to RP! Thanks for waiting. And if you need a RP open please PM one of the Staff members. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.