• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts 3D News : New Disney World

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Tetiro, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

Ironically if it wasn't the fact but by the time this comes out OOT3D and Professor Layton will be out I would also get the manga

Just though I'd let you folks know that after a little bit of research, almost all of the english voice actors from Hunchback are still alive (Minus Judge Frollo :( ) so there are good chances that they'll return to voice act.

Not much in terms of news.

Okay guys I bring a bit of great theory news (However you take it).

I should say before my theory Im a game developer student so I know of these things.

Now firstly, SE said that there are no returning disney worlds. So here is the list of all the films that are new in that sense

Dumbo
    Bambi
    Films 6-10
    101 Dalmations
    Sword in the Stone
    Jungle Book
    Aristocats
    Robin Hood
    Rescuers
    Fox and the Hound
    Black Cauldron
    Basil the Great Mouse Detective
    Oliver and Company
    Rescuers Down Under
    Pocahontas
    Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Atlantis
    Treasure Planet
    Brother Bear
    Home on the Range
    Chicken Little
    The Wild
    Meet the Robinsons
    Bolt
    The Princess and the Frog
    Tangled

Now however, based on the gameplay that we're going to have in this game, there will not be any animal transformations (Eg, mermaid, lion, etc) Therefore, this list will now be cut to remove any which require animal transformations

Dumbo
    Films 6-10
    Sword in the Stone
    Jungle Book
    Robin Hood
    Black Cauldron
    Pocahontas
    Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Atlantis
    Treasure Planet
    Chicken Little
    Meet the Robinsons
    Tangled

Now I'm going to remove films 6-10 as they were disney's experiment era and Hunchback of Notre Dame as it's already in DDD

Dumbo
    Sword in the Stone
    Jungle Book
    Robin Hood
    Black Cauldron
    Pocahontas
    Atlantis
    Treasure Planet
    Chicken Little
    Meet the Robinsons
    Tangled

Now you may be wondering why have I done this? Well the list above this text my friend are THE CANDIDATES FOR DREAM DROP DISTANCE!!!! Because

-No animal transformations
    -No returning worlds
    -No experimentals

So let's recap

Dumbo
    Sword in the Stone
    Jungle Book *
    Robin Hood *
    Black Cauldron *
    Pocahontas *
    Atlantis
    Treasure Planet
    Chicken Little
    Meet the Robinsons
    The Princess and the Frog *
    Tangled *

So there's 12 worlds. Any of these could be in it. Enjoy the list :) (Ones with * Im favouring)

Little update. Here's the 12 films again and this time I've *ed the ones which are more likely to be in it due to the higher possability.

Dumbo * -> Dumbo flies. Imagine the thought of flying on Dumbo :)
    Sword in the Stone
    Jungle Book
    Robin Hood
    Black Cauldron
    Pocahontas * -> Due to the mountainsides and various other landmarks
    Atlantis
    Treasure Planet
    Chicken Little
    Meet the Robinsons
    Tangled * -> With the tower and the light event

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Dude first off, don't double post(though the second 'double' post was cause by the site[the one with the same exact post])

Secondly Dream Drop Distance is a pretty strange bizzarre name.

Thirdly from what I got the little research I've been mustering up to hopefully try to get a weekly news update up either today or tomorrow, I've figured out there are going to be only two worlds present so far, Destiny Island with a quick scene and the rest Traverse Town(remember Traverse Town has it's own bell tower infact it's own bell factory). My guess it'll probably only be Traverse Town for the sense of 3DS is still in it's experimental period, nobody knows how much data they can actually put on the game and the system will identify and be able to run the game in true 3D.

However, it seems a lot will be going on in Traverse Town, so I for one won't care if it's only one world (besides Destiny Island, Traverse Town, Pride Lands, Disney Town and Disney Castle, and a few more, Traverse Town is my favorite world.)

3. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

Yeh I don't normally double post unless
    -Big update
    -The post is that big
    -48 hours

The bell ringing is from Notre Dame. This has been confirmed by the developers

4. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I think there maybe some others too. Here's a list which I think may cut it, knowing that Tetsuya Nomura did talk about Pixar being included. I don't think Tangled will be included because its been too new. This probably has been in production for 3 years. There's an updated list of films which could be in Kingdom Hearts 3D with Pixar and non animated movies (Pirates of the Caribbean). I'd also like to include some japanese animated films. Also why do you think Chicken Little would be included? They're all animals.

Dumbo
    Sword in the Stone
    Jungle Book
    Robin Hood
    Black Cauldron
    Pocahontas
    Atlantis
    The Emperor's New Groove (revolves around animal transformation but...Pacha wasn't an animal)
    Treasure Planet
    Meet the Robinsons
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    James and the Giant Peach
    Fantasia
    Spirited Away
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Laputa: Castle in the Sky
    Inspector Gadget
    National Treasure
    Narnia
    The Incredibles
    Toy Story
    Monster's Inc (monsters aren't animals)
    Cars (for the same reason)
    Up

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  5. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

Could you post a link to the page that says Pixar may be in it? Else I can't add Pixar to the list.

I forgot about The Emporer's New Groove lol.

Regarding Fantasia. That film is debateable. It can be said that Fantasia was done in KH1 with Chernabog. However it can also be debated that he was just a fragment of the world like the Castle of Dreams is in the realm of darkness. So I have to class that film as a NO until developers can clear that world up for us. Fantasia 2000 HOWEVER is a possibility.

6. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

Wow the trailer is so epic. I'm in love with the new game that's coming out soon. Don't know when but I HAVE TO HAVE IT. Oh and the new KH3 too.

7. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

I can confirm that Pixar films have been considered and they will try to. But I until at least one appears none of them can be added to the list. Once one has been added to a kingdom hearts game, I will conduct a list.

No extra news this week

8. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

if that's so,Monster's Ink would probably be added first

9. twilight_roxas

twilight_roxas New Member

I hope we get Pixar theme worlds mostly Toy Story.

10. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

Please dont post in threads more than a month old

-CLOSED-

11. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

I've rebooted the topic due to the chance that Dumbo may be in Dream Drop Distance. With this rumour, discussions can be made

12. Corbenik_979

Corbenik_979 Member

i swear if riku ends losing his heart to darkness again im going to piss my self then im gonna eat some meatloaf

13. twilight_roxas

twilight_roxas New Member

If they add Tangled it would be cool if the next trailer shows Sora or Riku looking at Rapunzel's tower.

14. Bjoacx

Bjoacx New Member

Oh jeez, while playing bbs for the first time as ventus I was really embarrassed because I had my psp hooked up to the big screen and my friends where talking about how cool it was THEN! ALL OF A SUDDEN! "Here are three tickets to disneytown." Right then and there, I was shunned (Actually it turned out that disneytown was really fun but still.)