• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts Religious Symbolism

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Zenrot, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Your looking at it all wrong. Just because someone can walk on water doesn't necessarily mean Christianity. Buddha was believed to perform miraculous powers such as walking on water as well as people who also obtained this power through mediation and understanding. Using Goku and Naruto for this situation is just wrong in general. When obviously there is Hindu, Buddha, and Tao principles in the animes. Goku goes through this endless rebirth and death. The concept of Qi(Chi) and Chakra. Naruto making copies of himself which Buddha was alleged to be able to do himself. And so on....

Now, Nomura. I'm sure that he has figured that he's setting up some type of religious allusion; by the way Kingdom Hearts is going. Obviously, he hasn't addressed it yet. But I'm sure, he will. The people of Kingdom Hearts are believed to have a heart, a body, and soul. Which is common in most religions. And in the game, it even addresses that if the soul leaves the body that the body gives way to death. Possibly, the heart returns to 'darkness' or Kingdom Hearts which sets up the existence of an afterlife. The afterlife is strictly religious so I'm sure that Nomura will address this afterlife. And when he does, we'll really see the symbolism in Kingdom Hearts.

-------------------------------
    [Cant believe I missed this post.]

Absolutely, wrong!
    Light is produced by energy. Darkness is the absence of light or energy. What you mean is Good versus Evil.

Nope, they could have Jesus like qualities.

Wow! Clearly, you don't know what your talking about. Religion is the driving force behind history. You can't escape it neither can you deny it. It's such a touchy subject that people don't want to address. Whether you believe in a religion or not, you are effected by it everyday. You even follow your own religion if your atheist.

2. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Oh no, I was replying to the original post. It said something about how since Sora can walk on water and was reborn, he is a representation of Christ. I was simply countering that one post. I know that both anime have nothing to do with Christianity, which is why I used them as examples.