• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

LGBT thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Plasmos, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

But ah, this is where it gets confusing! As you mention above, they want to be apart of the community and be accepted in the community as LGBT, but then again, the LGBT wants the same rights as "straights". And when they are given the same "rights", then the turn around and say something along the lines of "Hey we are our own group we are special. Treat us like we are special."

Do straights have a community? I am not defending straights or the LGBT, and I do believe that everyone, men, woman, gays, straights, trans, bis, deserve the same and equal rights as someone else, but dont flaunt that you are a special group that need your own special attention. I am going to treat everyone the same.

I do feel an outcast from the LGBT world and from the straight world but that just mean I can create my own group, full of awesomeness.

2. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Clearly your reinterpreting everything. Yes I said some LGBT people want to be a apart of the LGBT community and be accepted for who they are, and yes the LGBT members want the same equal rights as heterosexuals. But the LGBT hardly have any rights, which is why they are promoting themselves to have equal rights.

I imagine a 5th grader saying this. Lets be more realistic just because your apart of a community doesn't mean you'll get treated special. When this whole ideal is about what "EQUAL RIGHTS" so obviously, your confusing yourself. Try to be clear next time so we all can follow.

Which is called Homophobic but are separately and ideal to their own beliefs of hating the LGBT.

Correct, so where do you see me or anyone disagreeing? I generally statement that "they" not me, or should I say "some" in the term want or label themselves within the LGBT simply to feel apart of something. You don't have to like it, just pay it and move on.

That's you not me, that's your problem not mines that's your opinion who cares.

Again that is your opinion not theirs.

Btw they are not called straights, they are called "heterosexuals".

3. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

Tbh I don't think the LGBT community was made to stand out. It was made so as quoted earlier to make LGBTs not feel like an outcast. And I for one am proud to be part of my university's LGBT society. I am 100% openly gay myself to the point if a stranger asks me bluntly if Im gay I'll reply yes. Why hide from what you are? You are born the way you are and shouldn't be treated any differently.

I can't comment on the equal rights as I live in the UK and we have equal rights here.

4. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Exactly.

Not only that if a person wants to rant about how cunt (s)he is, let them do so, shouldn't matter really to anybody else.

5. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

I completely agree. And if anyone is updating that list in the first page, you can add me as gay. I am proud of it!

6. Luke

Luke Member

You can add me as Pansexual :p

7. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Wow I'd never guess we would have a Pansexual.

Added.

8. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

I have a question. I''m still a bit confused as to what it means to be a pansexual, the definition on the first page of the thread gives me some idea but I would like to hear it from someone who actually is a pansexual to describe it better for me.

9. Ask Luke he'll tell you! And Good for you Tetiro, welcome to the LGBT community thing list... Well you get the Idea...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  10. Luke

Luke Member

Fall in love with anybody. Gender blind.

11. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Oh haha, gender blind is a great way to emphasize Pansexual.

12. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

so is that the same as bisexual or is it a totally different thing on its own?

13. Castille

Castille New Member

You could add me to gay on that list, if you wanted too.

Pretty odd that it's been four years since I came out already.

As far as terms go, wouldn't pansexual be kind of insulting to bisexuals, rather than glorifying it?
    Isn't it bad enough that there are people out there that tell them "they just need to choose already!"?

So to me, saying your "pansexual", is kind of like saying bisexual refers to the sexualities core of only being attracted to both sexes instead of a bisexual being able to love either one.

Just my two cents.

14. Luke

Luke Member

Well bisexuality generally refers to male and female. There are more than two sexes. Well there are considered to be more than two.

15. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

oh I see so a person who is pansexual wouldn't mind being with someone who is transgender or something like that?

16. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

More than two? From a strictly biological standpoint (Cuz that's the easiest way I can think of explaining gender), how are there more than two? If you don't have a Y chromosome, you're a female. If you have a Y chromosome, you're a male. Obviously there are intersex conditions that screw up with that, but people who have those conditions try their best to argue that they're male or female.

17. Luke

Luke Member

Metaphorically, Male trapped in female body, Female trapped in male body. Stuff like that from what i understand.

18. FatewithFury

FatewithFury New Member

..........just add me as STRAIGHT! nothing more nothing less.....