• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Money=Happiness

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by Zerieth, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ansem the wise 59

ansem the wise 59 New Member

commy...

okay the only problem with comunism is that you can be a manager of a HUGE corporation and the guy who is a lazy bum and doesn't do anything... he doesn't EVEN WORK! and still gets the same amount of money as you... explian the benifits of that!
    [SARCASM]oh,no what will i do... im in the shooting ring... [/SARCASM]

2. Crossfault

Crossfault New Member

\m/

I think money can by temporary happiness, but not prolonged happiness. Of course you can be happy with material posessions, that is why we are able to have them. But eventualy those posessions will fade away. Thats one of the biggest and longest asked questions in the world; What is the answer to prolonged happiness?

3. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

Of course you can feel happy about possetions. If you get a ps3 you can't help but be happy. KH3 will be mine! However if a family believes that they are the path to true happiness they are greatly mistaken and at a sub conscious level. That makes them feel worse. (I say them because I am not filthy stinking rich.)

4. SkylerOcon

SkylerOcon New Member

Actually you can buy love. Find somebody who loves money. You have a lot of money. So they love your money. And since they love your money, they love you.

The subconscious argument can be used both ways, Zerieth.

5. ansem the wise 59

HAHAHA MAN, your funny... they only love you until they get your money then the money is all they love. for future reference: (if someone cleverly says: well then you won't give up the money.) my answer is: it doesn't matter... they (the "lover") is sending all thier time loving the money... not you. as soon as you lose the money, you lose your love. becuase they want your money.

BTW there is a reason when you get married that they say "will you stay true to your lover when you are rich or poor" true love is when you love someone with money or no money... a concept you could never grasp.

6. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

That last comment is a little out of line, ansem. Good rule of thumb. Never assume a person agrees with the statements they make in a debate. Debate the points, not the person. There's no reason to infer what he can or cannot grasp.

Now, back on subject. The point that yes, while there are things in life that don't neccessarily cost money, there are things money can do to ensure your happiness that in our society are not possible without it. I'm very much in love with someone. I did not pay for her. She cost me nothing. And she doesn't even like having money spent on her. But she makes me very happy. All in all, that's a happiness money didn't bring me.

However, she and I live in different cities. In different states. Right now, our relationship has gone as far as it can go. And I am not satisfied with that. I am doing everything in my power to move. You think I can just jump in my car and go there on a whim and everything works out ok? No. I need to get a house. I need a job waiting on me. I need a house to live in. I need to be able to get all my stuff there. This requires money. $3000 as a matter of fact. But being near her, and being able to take our relationship as far as it can go, would make me a very happy man. If I fail in my attempt to earn it, and thus move to be near her, I becme a very unhappy man indeed.

Therefore, $3000 can in fact buy my happiness.

7. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I'd hate to start giving out warnings because people can't be civil. So no name-calling, children.
    Who's to say they won't fall in love after the fact? I think it's more likely that two people who like each other just enough will have a long-lasting relationship than two who are wildly passionate about each other at first glance. I think that kind of fire dies away and leaves the people just snipping at each other until they get a divorce a few years down the road. And I believe arranged marriages have a far higher success rate than others, not that I could point to any statistics to back that up atm. And arranged marriages are usually about money/influence, as far as I can tell.

And I've seen more than one relationship die because of money troubles, even when they didn't hook up because of the money. Money may not buy happiness, but it is important.

8. ansem the wise 59

see, i never siad money wasn't important... i just siad that it can't buy happiness (like you) and it's possible that people find thier significant other and find true happiness... but money doesn't do that... it helps... but it doesn't give true happiness.

and as for the whole marriges thing... ill save that for another debate...

9. Zerieth

Wow this ran off without me over the weekend. First a word of advice. Said is spelled S-A-I-D. Not S-I-A-D. Also I can very much agree that in this day and age, money is what you need for happiness. And with that, I am swayed. Sorry all that were against the money does equal happiness side.

10. SkylerOcon

SkylerOcon New Member

Money can buy love. Or sex. Or whatever you prefer.

Money can buy a nice house. Or condo. Or whatever you prefer.

Money can buy some a nice car. Or plane. Or whatever you prefer.

Money can get everything we like these days. Games (OMG IF THERE WAS NO MONEY THAT MEANS NO KH!), cars, women, nice seats for a football game. Take your pick.

11. Zerieth

Yah but if all it takes to make you happy is to get laid then you need some serious help. I still have to agree. (Dear god! No KH? LIVING HELLLLLL)

12. Kitty

Perhaps not for you. But money may truly make others happy. Who's to say? I'd be pretty damn unhappy if I were destitute, as I imagine you probably would be as well.
    Think you could debate a little more seriously?

13. Zerieth

Lolz, this is a FUN debate. Not really a serious one. I am pretty sure I mentioned that in the Intro post.

14. SkylerOcon

SkylerOcon New Member

Debates = serious >=C

And nobody reads OP's now anyway.

15. Kitty

The debate forum is for serious discussion. If you want to goof off, go somewhere else.

16. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Money doesn't necessarily equal happiness but they are so closely related that sometime's it is hard to tell. Alot of people say "Love is true happiness" which isn't true for everyone. Some people just want nice things to be happy and thats ok too. Whatever truly makes you happy, wether it involves money or not, is still happiness.

17. Zerieth

Sorry bout that. I didn't realize we couldn't have any fun. Fine, let this be serious. And Toph, that was pretty rude of you.

18. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

She's not being rude, she's doing her job. And she's right. She's not saying you can't have fun. She's saying that the debates are meant to be serious discussions. We have other forums and other topics for joking around.

19. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Money can be somewhat happeniness. But some people don't have it for many reasons because they don't have a job and can't get one or not able to it.

And she is not being rude guys, she is a moderator you know and mods are post to do that. For example a fun place to have fun is in the Forum Games.

20. SkylerOcon

SkylerOcon New Member

I have to agree that Toph (though she was right) was a bit harsh, but back on topic?!

In regards to what Zenrot said, he does have a point. While money can mean happiness for some people, it doesn't for others.