• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Music

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sogeking, Jan 24, 2010.

1. GrandShadow

GrandShadow I accept your challange.

now see, those are real reasons why. nobody ever said that before in previous discussions. while i still think it would be a good idea, those reasons justify why it shouldn't be done.

2. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Actually, they have been mentioned. Except for the copyright thing.

3. Luxoran

Luxoran New Member

So the idea is being turned away because the site may or may not become like another site? Oh, that's a solid rationale.

I've suggested this in other forums and will side with it here. If coding and cyber trees weren't a major problem then sure, add a player. Not to revert to hippie mode here, but I enjoy self expression through music and...

Oh god. I sound like a teenager. Someone, anyone, get the taser.

And Moogle, YouTube has plenty of hamsters you can harass on your own time.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^No, that is not the only reason why I, or others, think this is a bad idea. Others have listed quite a few, so I don't feel the need to list them all.

And since none of the staff who've posted seem interested in this idea, I'm kinda wondering why it's even still being discussed. >_<

5. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Question: Have any of you seen a vBulletin style forum that incorporated this music player of which you speak?

6. GrandShadow

to tell the truth this is the only vBulletin style forum i know of

7. merlinosheep

merlinosheep A.K.A The Leaver

Yes, i just joined another one last week =P so that's three

8. Luxoran

Luxoran New Member

[​IMG]

Yes. Everything works fine for them.

9. merlinosheep

Correction: That's four =P
    Although i agree with that it may annoy other people. If options could be set that it won't automatically play, it would be great.
    Also, the other sites use a music site on which you can upload your music and Then to your profile, so no copyright problems =P

10. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

If the other site has copyright problems it directly relates this site and it implies we support copyright. If you want to talk about a band you can do so in the entertainment section providing its a serious discussion and not just a "listen to this" which can be done via pm or messages.

Ther is no real reason for a music player, if its a song you like you can listen to it via a media player on your computer, if its a song a friend recomended than you can listen to it on youtube or via one of you other 4 forums, currently the profiles are having some spacing trouble which I assumed is being worked on, the last thing needed is a new box added to fuck everything up again.

11. alchemistz

alchemistz New Member

YouTube will solve your problem.

12. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Here's another thing: Getting new bands in. It would suck due to the month long debate bound to ensue, and it would be a too much hassle for one. fugging. band. And a user-upload system is dangerous because of malicious users that upload viruses.

13. Flash Delirium

Flash Delirium Indie Rokkers

I thought we all pretty much realized that with the shitty music most of you listen to, this idea sucks.

14. GrandShadow

so just cause you may not like what someone listens to, thats a good reason to trash the entire idea? such a stupid reason, that's why the feature to turn it off is implemented. so you don't have to listen to what you like and we don't have to listen to what you like.

so far the copyright and storage reasons are the only real good reasons why this shouldn't be implemented and until those are overcome, this will have to be on hold. though it is a good idea, and when it's possible it should be implemented instantly

15. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

And missed my comment. . . .

16. Rejected Oblivion

Rejected Oblivion New Member

Can we just settle to not go through with this 8D? Because, honestly, with so many people disagreeing I can't possibly see it happening. It's not like anyone been persuaded =l.

17. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Doesn't matter if there was 700 members with you on this, TradeDemon has the last say so, so oh well.

What's so hard about listening to music on youtube or last.fm that you have to bring it here.?

18. merlinosheep

Dude, i thought we agreed to NOT do it, becuz of the valid reasons of storing, viruses and copyright.

Why say that? Just because you don't like other music styles, doesn't mean you get to decide not to.

Well duh.

Agreed, i' m out.