• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Voting

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by Kitty, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^ In the AMA I linked to above, Johnson talks a little about his options for getting into the debates without necessarily having the polling.

The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors and produces the debates, and they are the ones who make the rules. Within this article, it mentions that "to be included in the national debates he or she must garner at least 15% support across five national polls", but it doesn't list the polls, so I don't know if there are five specific ones, or if they just have to be fairly well-respected. The commission is controlled by the DNC and the RNC, so it is not exactly impartial.

Edit: Here's their own website: Link

Desert Warrior likes this.
  2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

At least that clarifies the rules a bit. Simply saying that they had to be polling at 15% is kinda vague.

3. Kitty

Here's the overview on the debates from the commission's website. It says...

... which seems like it has to be five specific polls that they chose, but I still don't see which ones they are.

4. Desert Warrior

I assume it means that they've already chosen the polls. I guess the only way to attempt to find out which ones have a proper quality. Unfortunately I have no idea where to start. I do remember reading one time though that, regardless of all the hate and criticism it gets, Fox News uses some very good polls.

5. Kitty

As much as I hate to say it, I've been almost impressed with Fox News this election. They're the only ones with the guts to run with negative Hillary stories while everyone else ignores them or spins the stories more and more desperately to try and make her look good. The town hall that Fox held between Hillary and Bernie was the only really fair one (probably because they hate both of them, but I'm cool with that).

I'll do some digging and see if I can't find out which polls are being used. I would assume they would be ones from as close to the scheduled debates as possible.

6. Desert Warrior

Wow. I think that's the first positive thing I've heard from somebody who doesn't watch Fox News.

7. Kitty

From what I've seen, more than a few Bernie supporters feel that way. That's not to say that Fox News is good, exactly. Just that in this case, they stand out from amongst the rest of the dog shit. All of the mainstream media has been garbage this year (and probably longer, but I paid attention this year).

8. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I was at the Chicago Rally in Chicago for Jill Stein. Was nice to hear her talk. I was sitting all the way in the back in the audience though and it was so hot. -_-

Girl please. Hillary will just start another war.

The meme is amusing. Other than that, the media will hide things. Even Google will not show a lot of things based on Hillary (Need to find that video again stating about Google not showing things up about Hillary's email but Bing does.)

9. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Looks like im voting for trump.

10. Kitty

Has anyone been watching the debates? I've just been catching up on them the next day because I figure I have better things to do than spend an hour and a half being lied to and watching the candidates spin non-answers to every question. The only reason I'm even tempted to watch them is because I'm hoping Hillary keels over, but I guess her handlers have doped her up pretty good since she collapsed at the 9/11 memorial, so it probably won't happen. :(

Also, does anyone even care about Trump's taxes? As a small business owner, I'll tell you that we always try to write off as much as we possibly can when we file, and I don't see why a larger business owner would be any different. No one wants to pay more taxes if there are legal ways around it, and Trump apparently had good accountants who were able to find those loopholes and take advantage of them. If anything, people should be pissed at Congress for refusing to close these loopholes and allowing the wealthy to get away with this, but since the majority of congressmen are millionaires, and they also kiss corporate money's ass, why would they do anything?

Plasmos and Desert Warrior like this.
  11. Desert Warrior

Unfortunately yes. Part of it is due to the current "Us vs. Them" mentality that has been growing among millennials with respect to wealth inequality. A mentality that, I must point out, was encouraged by Bernie. Another part is from this odd misunderstanding the left has where Republicans believe it is good to be rich and not pay taxes but bad to be poor and not pay taxes.

12. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

I've been keeping up with some of the debates, the recent one however, I felt stood out to me. Hillary is trying to gain more Black voters, because Sanders is Jewish. Now we all know when it comes to being Jewish, you're pretty much a fair person, Hillary however is not. Hillary just as donald trump were both dancing around Q's and A's regarding the real suject at hand.

I like you Kit, wanted Hillary to win, but i had a change of heart lately. If we keep voting for the same system to be put in tact, then we'll get the same result, just like this obama care that is coming our way, I feel a new jursadiction should be put down. I believe Donald Trump will most likely help with the Tax issue solving, let alone help us gain more jobs in many areas of the states. Hillary, however is trying to implement the same system her Husband Bill Clinton once had but worse. It's even alleged that she has a black son, in which she does not take fully care of. And if she can't even take care of a half breed wolf, what makes you think she'll take care of the minority groups.

I do not care about trump tax formal issues, but I do like the fact that he does do everything legal and everything right. He has his own money, business and charities -; Hilary does not. Nobody looks at the congress mainly because of how the branches are set up, and how they vote for what's right in the jurisdiction.

I do not like the mentality that Bernie had once tried to applaud to us. I mean, generally, yes it's the people vs the office. But on the contrary, the office actually controls us and our voice either way. We'd go bankrupted trying to establish a new world order that he was trying to achieve. Republicans only want what's best for there businesses and wealth, I'm sure taxes wouldn't hurt their pockets.

13. Desert Warrior

I've been told about a week ago that Bernie's plan was economically possible. I've also been told that it would be impossible to generate the sort of wealth required to make it work. I've got no idea which one is actually true.

14. Kitty

If you mean Bernie's plans like tax-funded health care and college, he laid it out pretty clearly on his website how he would pay for it. If you mean his idea of a "revolution", or taking the government back from the oligarchs, I don't think in reality it would take billions of dollars. It would involve getting like-minded people to actually run for office and getting lazy citizens off their asses and to the voting booths. Already in some states, people with similar platforms have won their primaries for local and federal offices, and ballot initiatives in a few states over marijuana legalization, state-funded health care, and bills to limit charges from Big Pharma are on the ballot. It's just educating people to get them to vote for those people and initiatives. Politicians who are no longer representing us need to be primaried/voted out, and term limits and a move to a different voting system like ranked choice voting would help keep the garbage out. Automatic voter registration and a state/federal holiday on voting days would help encourage people, too. I don't think it will be a quick fix, but I think once the Boomers die out, or at least become a much less powerful group of voters, we will see progress. They're ruining everything for the rest of us.

I doubt Trump does everything legally, but so far he hasn't been caught doing anything bad enough for people to raise hell about enough to damage his campaign for good. Hillary does have her family charity- the Clinton Foundation. However, I think it's mostly a front for pay-to-play politics and selling influence. And she has a "business", giving speeches to Wall Street for $225,000 a pop, and then refusing to release the transcripts. :)

I don't think Bernie is wrong. The wealth inequality in this country seems pretty real to me, and when the majority of the leaders of your country are incredibly wealthy, it seems to me that even if they wanted to make policies that would help average citizens, they are probably pretty out of touch with the issues a lot of us face, and have been for a long time. And to me, this current crop of losers running the show don't even seem to want to pretend to care about us. I think we need politicians who are actually representative of the country's entire population.

15. Desert Warrior

Yeah, pretty sure I'm talking about those plans. If you want I could send you the link to the video I watched discussing it and then you could decide if that video makes sense or not.

While I do think parts of Bernie's rhetoric is wrong, that wasn't my intent with my last post. My intent was to simply point out one of the causes as to why this sort of mentality has been growing.

16. Kitty

Yeah, if you want to post a link, I'll take a look at it. The way it was explained on Bernie's website made sense to me, but it would have required the cooperation of Congress. 'Course, that goes for whatever plans the other candidates have, also. Gotta say, though, I find it funny how no one asks "how are we gonna pay for that?" when Congress is voting for more wars, but when the question is "how can we stop millions of our own citizens from dying because they can't afford health care?" suddenly there's no money for that. I think it is pretty clear what our current politicians value.

Ah. I don't know how much of it is Bernie fanning the fires, or if it is just Bernie speaking out loud what people have already been thinking for a while now. I don't think the people scraping by on $7.25 an hour needed anyone to tell them that they're fucked. But Bernie is certainly vocal and he doesn't give a shit about calling out people like the Walton family, and a lot of people have heard his speeches.

17. Desert Warrior

Well, I was thinking about sending it in a message, but then figured that it wouldn't really hurt to just put the video here. So here it is.

So yeah, from this video feel free to make your own conclusions. The cynic in me is very much willing to believe that this video has certain bits of information left out or simply missed something.

And that's why it is a tough topic to approach. At least for me it is. Certainly, people need to be helped. But at the same time is it okay to help these people by forcibly taking away from somebody else who people deem doesn't need what is taken?

18. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Source? It may be effectively in a short term goal, I highly doubt long term mainly because if everything free to the people, wouldn't businesses and small franchises go out of business in a rapid pace?

The only refugee I can locate on Donald Trump thus far is being a hot headed business man. However, I have not seen anything he's done illegally, or heard from CNN. But Hiliary on the other hand has taken money from Terrioist groups to fund her campaigns and charities. I feel like her speeches are rehearsed, so it's quite interesting she's that devoted to well known public eye.

19. Desert Warrior

I don't really have a source for the claim of Bernie's plan being economically possible. It was a friend of mine who was a big Bernie supporter who told me this. Which is why I also included that video in my previous post as to why Bernie's plan wouldn't work.

I think they're going with Trump University being illegal. I don't remember the details really well, only that it was deliberate fraud or something.

20. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Tomorrow is election day! Who has voted?!

Kitty likes this.