• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EbeneezerAl, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

The Hobbit

I thought it was really well done and it felt like a proper prequel to the LOTR movies.

2. Fullmetal

Fullmetal New Member

I watched The Dark Knight Rises... again! lol

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The Odd Life of Timothy Green... It was heartwarming but at the same time, I cried at the end. That and I love Timothy's art abilities!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  4. xxxJRosesxxx

xxxJRosesxxx New Member

The last movie I saw was Princess Mononoke after getting it as a gift for Christmas. It'd been a very long time since I saw it and I was so satisfied when it was over. So beautiful...

5. Kitty

I spent all day yesterday watching The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King. I love all three of these movies. The locations and characters are perfectly Middle-Earth, the music is lovely, the effects for the most part are pretty good (and when the movies were released, I thought they were better). Liv Tyler kind of annoyed me; I'd forgotten how much they tried to push her character into seeming relevant. But aside from that, dunno what I could say bad about these.

6. EtherealSummoner

I saw Brave. That is funny but yet, I can connect with the main protagonist and the relationship between child and mother. Both sides want each other to listen but they will eventually butting in heads although they do love each other.

I also watched Medea's Christmas! I laughed throughout the show... <_< but then my cousin's disc completely stopped watching and I was very mad.

7. Noir

Noir

Kamen Rider x Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen
    An amazing movie, it is a must-watch for all Kamen Rider (Masked Rider) or Super Sentai (Power Ranger) fans, even though it is Japanese.

8. Kitty

Shame

This felt very short, and left me feeling like I'm not sure that much actually happened. But I thought the atmosphere of the film was really neat. And it had these scenes without dialogue that had this soundtrack to it, and I dunno, I thought they felt more powerful that way. I also really liked some of the costuming- lots of scarves and one actress had a coat that I'd steal in a heartbeat. And of course, given who stars in this, the acting was well done, especially so, I think, because there really didn't seem like there was a lot of dialogue. Overall this was interesting in that way train wrecks are interesting, but I'm not sure that I'd watch it again.

9. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I actually watched a movie the other day.

The Last Airbender

It's the worst movie that I've ever seen next to Dragonball Evolution. The acting was terrible. The kid who played Aang was pretending to cry and he started to drool and you could see it on his lip so he tries to cover it up by biting his lip that was the best part of the movie which has nothing to do with the story. Aside from the worst acting I've seen, the character development was really poor. They jumped from scene to scene. Rarely did the characters truly interact on a deeper level or any level at that. If I didn't watch the animated series, I would've been lost. It followed the animated series to a degree but me; I would have preferred it being exactly the same. I understand that some scenes would have to change but that's just me. The bending of the four elements animation was horrible in spanish. They would say 'horrible'. They change firebending because they thought firebenders were too powerful blasting fire from their hands and feet so firebenders have to bend the fire around them. It won Worst Picture, Worst Director, and Worst Screenplay in 2010. I would continue going on and on but this movie is just too terrible to even describe.

I recommend not watching it. It's not worth 103 minutes of your life.

10. EtherealSummoner

I ws watching Pretty Little Liars with my cousins... it is not all that interesting to me and I knew some students last year who was all hyped up about it. Only saw two tapes (Actually one since I didn't bother watching the rest of the second tape) but one episode was with the girls trying to find the killer... I think who still as one of the girl's mom and I only remember of them being at a party and oneof the suspects was not even it. Then I remember the beginning of the second tape of them being in jail clothes. Meh. Can't remember.

11. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Hmm I saw the first half of the lord of the rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I like it so far, but the last movie I watched all the way through was Les Miserables I think. Loved it. great music, great cast. Best movie of 2012 in my opinion.

12. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

My Neighbor Totoro

I adored this movie and I'm madly in love with Totoro! He's the cuddly monster of my dreams and the entire concept behind the film was cute. The story wasn't overly complicated with plot twists and what not; It was more simple and fluent. I would definitely watch it again.

13. Flash Delirium

Flash Delirium Indie Rokkers

American History X. Definitely a film that everyone should see at some point in their lives.

14. Kitty

Oz, The Great and Powerful: Eh. I enjoyed the transformation of the wizard from a smarmy bastard to someone more redeemable, but overall, this movie just couldn't do it for me. The women in the movie overacted ridiculously, and I couldn't see them growing to become their Wizard of Oz counterparts at all. And I don't know if it was because of the heavy use of CG which the original movie did not use, or what, but I just couldn't connect to the location as actually being Oz. The movie wasn't dogshit, and there were some good scenes and nods to the original movie, but it's not one I'd go out of my way to watch again.

I also saw Titanic recently. I love this movie so much, because I've always been a history buff and the sinking of the ship fascinates me. I cry every time I see it, though probably not at parts most people would think. And the soundtrack is seriously stunning.

15. Yo123

Yo123 New Member

1 Night in Paris... wouldn't recommend it ^-^

16. IcyFire

IcyFire New Member

the last movie I saw was Ponyo,I really like that movie♥

17. RealmoftheDragons

RealmoftheDragons New Member

Dragon Ball Z: Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyen.

18. Noir

Noir

Fairy Tail - The Movie: The Phoenix Priestess.
    Great movie, i think.

19. Kitty

The Host: I liked this better than I expected, given the author of the source material, and the fact that aliens give me the skeevies. Some of the characterizations were a little undeveloped and rushed, and there were some characters I couldn't keep straight. But overall, not bad.

20. RealmoftheDragons

RealmoftheDragons New Member

Godzilla 2000.